OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Flipped calls...  (Read 3022 times)

Offline 1iagobblergetter

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
Flipped calls...
« on: March 22, 2020, 02:52:05 PM »
How many % of great calls do you think are flipped that people buy and never even try hunting before flipping them for something else?

Offline bbcoach

• Double Beard
Re: Flipped calls...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 03:52:22 PM »
0% from me.  I buy them to hunt them. 

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 04:28:21 PM »
0% from me.  I buy them to hunt them.
Me too

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 04:32:18 PM »
Unless I give it to a kid none.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 04:42:45 PM »
Depends on how rare the call is , and why i added it to my collection , not i don't hunt with all my collection. I buy lot's of my calls for the history behind the builder and the calls.  History plays big part in my collection.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 05:36:07 PM by Greg Massey »

Offline ol bob

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 04:56:12 PM »
A small % do it a lot. There are some call makers that when they find out you do it will not sell you another one.

Offline Harty

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 04:56:21 PM »
0%. I too hunt all my calls. It is ,however,becoming more difficult making out that daily starting lineup as the no. Of calls expands.

Offline Chris O

• Double Beard
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2020, 05:29:17 PM »
I fully intend to hunt everything I buy. I just have bought enough that I don’t hunt them all. I do believe that everything I have is capable of killing turkeys but I may sell some here and there just so I have room. I know there are a lot of people that buy the big name calls just to sell and make a profit. There is no magic call period. I would love to have a Farmer trumpet but could never justify $4200 like the one on ebay. It’s the same way for the Platz and Corder pot calls. I would love to have them but won’t spend that much for them when there are plenty more guys building some great pot calls with reasonable wait times. You do see a lot of calls that are brand new being sold and there is nothing wrong with it but makes you wonder.I understand the supply and demand drives price’s up and there is nothing wrong with making a little profit .

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2020, 05:30:24 PM »
How many % of great calls do you think are flipped that people buy and never even try hunting before flipping them for something else?
Too many that's for sure.... pretty disappointing when you see calls from makers that have long waits or have shut their lists down even, and then you see a call that's a week old on here up for trade.

Offline jrinny

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2020, 05:35:33 PM »
I have sold a handful of calls ..because they sounded like duplicates of others I have. I don’t mind a spare of  a similar sound but don’t need multiple spares. I give some away to the neighbor kid or my nephew as well. I really never got on a list because the call was in demand.... I buy calls to hunt with

Offline maxbo36

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2020, 06:46:50 PM »
From a personal standpoint I recently purchased a collection and have made up my mind that I am going to part with a few in order to get my money back and also to keep my wife from divorcing me,LOL   There are a few calls in the collection I want to keep but many I would gladly part with so they can find a good home.  Some people appreciate calls more than others and some people are looking for certain names.  I don't consider myself much of a collector so finding them good homes is making me happy.

Offline palongbeard

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2020, 07:59:57 PM »
Every call I buy is intended to hunt or I just keep it.  Guess it's just me but most calls other guys highly recommend don't end up to be what I am looking for as far as the sound and confidence that suits me.
 Only a few I take to woods no matter what - Sneed Outlaw Hen /  halloran crystal mistress / Ralph Zorn Slate in pots.  TJ Johnson fiddle box and Josh Farley 1 sider and the one call that finishes every bird I kill is a push pin that's all hen.  Amazes me how different calls sound depending on who runs them.  I don't flip calls mainly because I'm always impressed at the time and craftsmanship guys put in to their calls.  I just keep collecting

Offline Crghss

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2020, 08:29:08 PM »
I hunt all the calls I buy. But I like buying n trying new calls. So I have traded for different calls.

Will try and sell a few as I have over done it a bit.
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2020, 05:54:34 PM »
If I buy it , its to hunt. I have a very big collection but every call in it will be hunted. If I dont like it then it goes.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline GobbleGitr

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 09:31:20 AM »
I am glad for the flippers...have added some nice calls at a good price to my collection that way.  Just wish, if the seller didn't intend to keep and use the call, that they didn't get them all personalized.