turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question for Hunters That Do Not Use Vests

Started by GunRunner, March 21, 2020, 08:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRG3

When I hunted Pope County in Southern Illinois, it was a 2 hour drive and offered lots of area to "run and gun" so I traveled light. When my county opened up, it allowed me to drive 20 minutes and walk another 10 minutes to my set-up spot; however, the 40 acres here, 20 acres there, etc. changed my way of hunting so that I now spend 3-4 hours sitting in one spot. In the latter situation, I carry a portable ground chair, decoy sack, and a back pack with calls, drink, snacks, plastic bag to keep my butt dry, etc. all set up behind a 3' x 10' camo screen which allows me to make undetected movements. It's not unusual for me to take a nap or two while awaiting the toms to make their way to me in late morning. More than once I've been awakened by my decoy getting flogged by the next gobbler to ride in my truck!

SCSWAMP

If anybody is interested in another good option, knight and hale has a chest pack that holds 2 pots, 3 strikers, 1 box call and enough room to squeeze the rest of your essentials in. Definitely very minimalist though