OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Browning BPS 20 Gauge,22"  (Read 12746 times)

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Browning BPS 20 Gauge,22"
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2021, 07:16:11 PM »
I put my bps back together tonight,I am very happy with the job the place did.Ill be out shooting this weekend.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2021, 07:16:41 PM »

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2021, 07:17:12 PM »

Offline JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2021, 10:35:23 AM »
Gun looks great, good luck with it. You have more 20"s then anyone I know, don't think I saw you with a Franchi Affinity  yet? would love to get your opinion of one, compared to all the others you have. Looking to get a new 20 next year, semi-auto 24" - 26" barrel , just too many choices, cant go the route you have taken, so was hoping you can post some kind of final comparison of all your "Hobbies". Thanks , have a great season.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2021, 12:39:37 PM »
WOW that looks great and best of luck with it. I love putting together new turkey guns. I have one being dipped right now and have a few toys to add to it when it gets back. Hope you get a nice bird this spring.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2021, 05:54:46 PM »
Gun looks great, good luck with it. You have more 20"s then anyone I know, don't think I saw you with a Franchi Affinity  yet? would love to get your opinion of one, compared to all the others you have. Looking to get a new 20 next year, semi-auto 24" - 26" barrel , just too many choices, cant go the route you have taken, so was hoping you can post some kind of final comparison of all your "Hobbies". Thanks , have a great season.
I'd have to say that I like all my guns,I am not overly impressed at this time with how picky my sx4 is,however I am waiting on a .585 trulock. I have not had much interest in Franchi guns,I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if I found something I like though.

My one regret, is selling my Winchester 20 sxp longbeard that I had to have trigger work done on, It patterned everything well for turkey shells with different chokes, and yet the sx4 is the pickiest I have ever seen. I was just irritated with it that I had to spend extra on a trigger job, and Winchesters cs was useless, I am a Browning/Winchester fan. Browning guns are my favorite.

As for "new hobbies" I'll be on the lookout for a new Winchester 20 gauge Sxp longbeard to add again. If I had to pick 1 20 gauge, Id probably pick a Browning Bps, because I am a southpaw and I love bps shotguns.

Offline JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2021, 09:30:33 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I too love my BPS 20 , but it is my close in field gun for upland land birds,  even bought 1 for my south paw son.  Guess I will just bite the wallet and try the Affinity. Thanks again and stay safe, have a great season.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2021, 01:01:57 PM »
I only fired a longbeard #6 today as I already knows how It patterns the other shells with the bead sight,I have to say that I am pretty much sold on using 4 different shells from this gun to 40 yards with the .555 ic as It shoots them all well,hunting patterns. I may take this gun out once more when I get chokes for my sx4 but I am happy.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2021, 12:32:29 PM »
I had purchased a warbird vortex venom protector,then I decided to sell my venom.I was planning on shooting the bead but today I purchased another vortex venom,in excellent shape for a real good price and should have it Friday.

I am going to mount it and test it out and play around with it, see what comes of it. It was the original plan for this gun 13 months ago.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2021, 06:12:19 AM »
The venom arrived yesterday,I mounted 336 marlin base,warbird protector and It just sits too high on this gun.I took it off,I will use a bead until I locate the fiber optic sights I want for this gun, I used venom on another 20 gauge setup.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2021, 10:13:26 PM »
I have been trying to find some truglo gobble dot fiber optics,for months with no luck.I want the good ones for this gun, I happen to come across Williams universal slugger sights and ordered a set for this gun. I'd like(hope) to have them this week and maybe get them on gun and sight It in Saturday morning with them.

Looks like 10-15 mm of rain for opening day as of now next Sunday,If that is the case this is the gun I will take.

Offline squirrel_hunter

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2021, 04:22:10 PM »
Nice guns. Fixing to purchase my wife a bps 20ga youth with a 22 or 24 inch barrel.  Only shotgun she will carry. I told her I would get it  camo. She said no way.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2021, 08:09:03 PM »
Thanks,I like this gun,I really like the Williams sights too,I just installed them and while I was doing it I snapped one of the little screws into 2 pieces after reading, to not over tighten. I over tightened,oh well.I emailed them asking about sending me a few screws,maybe next year for the fibers.I have a red dot on the way to test Saturday and if not,bead sight it is.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2021, 07:29:00 AM »
I actually located those tiny tiny little screws and ordered 12 of them in through work and I purchased another Williams sight which will be arriving today,screws will be by Tuesday at latest.I am going to get up and go check and see if the birds are roosting where they do sometimes tomorrow morning and then spend an hour or so shooting a few guns and then It's time to relax at my camp and have some wild turkey poppers,turkey breast shish kabobs and an ice cold beer.

Opening morning is Sunday and It looks like rain and extreme winds,I made sure  have more time this spring too hunt as last year I was crazy busy with work,I did not take on as much work,It hasn't been overly busy anyway with everybody watching their bank accounts.I have 3 day weekends the whole month of May and should get out for an hour hunt each morning,or hopefully most mornings.   

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2021, 11:13:03 AM »
I heard some gobbling this morning from one of my favorites spots,I will be going there tomorrow. I came home and packed some things and now I am just waiting for my Father to arrive around 12,then we are going to go try a new choke and a new red dot for a few of my guns and enjoy a few cold ones and a great bbq afterwards at our camp.

I won't be sighting the bps in as my new Williams did not get here,so that will be a next weekend deal.Good luck to all,in Ontario, except for the trespassing slob thief poacher around my area that I have called the opp and mnr on numerous times. I guess donuts and coffee are #1.