OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Browning BPS 20 Gauge,22"

Started by RED NECK, March 21, 2020, 01:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

USMC0331

Either call or email vortex on the base height and see what they say.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RED NECK

I emailed them all the info,I hope that it is just the base height for the bps.I am checking it on the sxp tomorrow can live with it just not working on the bps as i am currently waiting on the same type sight from weaver and an open reflex sight i bought to arrive and I can use one of them and hopefully they work.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

They have already emailed me and i sent them pics of my setup,hard to beat that service for a Saturday evening,in what is going on in the "real" world right now.

USMC0331

Awsome

RED NECK

here is the bead with hevi #6 at 40 yards and the wind blowing from my right to left in my face.I didnt bother with the tss #7 as I shot it earlier and it just rocks through a .555 IC but I am going to use these too.

USMC0331

Your good to go. May you bust a big tom.

RED NECK

I like that it hits a little higher than bead instead of lower or"dead on,I always aim for base of neck anyway no matter what gun I use.I honestly prefer beads and fiber optics on my guns and just started trying red dots 2 years ago as I was always keep it simple and easy,I have used scopes off and on.

I had a brand new truglo come apart on me last weekend after 6 turkey shells on my rem 20 ga,I put a scope back on it and patterned it today. I am about turned off on red dots,I have two on the way and they may be my last,ever.

USMC0331

Vortex/ Burris are really entry level red dots. Top 1 is Aimpoint.

RED NECK

Yes I looked at those.For me they are not worth the cost.I don't even think the vortex was worth the cost but I wanted to try it.I can see if it was for a hunting rifle or for something more important than killing a bird at 15-40 yards,lol.

Back to keeping it simple and easy.

USMC0331

10 4

RED NECK

I definitely got a lemon as I just turned it on and now the red dot is way up in the left hand corner and you can barely see it is so high.I have had one other red dot do this,a week ago with a 66 dollar truglo. The truglo lens actually had fallen apart..lol.

I sent am email asking for a refund or a new one on my doorstep by Tuesday afternoon.

RED NECK

I'm not going to cry over the milk as I didn't spill it.Did i say how impressed I am with this gun and the bead,it sits there and shines and glimmers,perfect size.I do not think there is anything a browning pump can't do correctly.
I always have been a bps guy,they just do it for me,and seeing as I am a southpaw,It is a perfect match.

RED NECK

I just received this email.

We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the red dot you purchased. I understand your frustration and we will resolve this issue right away. I know turkey season is upon us and time is limited. I am going to ask Darryl from our warranty dept to send you out a shipping label so there will be no cost to you to ship the red dot back to us. I am requesting that a new on be sent to you ASAP.
Can you please respond to this email with your complete mailing address?

I can be reached 9:00am-5:00pm  EST Monday-Friday

Thank you for choosing Vortex,

RED NECK

They are shipping me a new one tomorrow morning,I am sending this one back.I will have it this week as it is only a 3 hour drive to where they are located.I am super impressed with the way they have handled this so far.I knew that they look after their customer as I used to manage in a hunting store and dealt with them and all the guys were always stand up.

As for the rep for emailing and working on a Saturday evening and Sunday morning,the customer service world needs more people like you....Thank You,stay safe.

longislandloco

This thread was a great read, so much good info!!!
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe