OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Foot on da Head mouth calls

Started by rakkin6, March 20, 2020, 11:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

I bought three mouth calls from these guys at the NWTF in February. I purchased the Samson, Ghost and Cackler. Finally this morning I got around to running them and needless to say I am very impressed. They all three ran great but the Samson and Ghost cut ran best for me. The Samson is very raspy and I could soft call pretty well and get a little louder. The Ghost was more higher pitched and can get really really loud if you want to. The Cackler was kind of an in-between call more closely resembling the Samson on the raspy side. My ears just preferred the Samson. Tomorrow all three will be in my vest and we will see what the birds like.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Nathan_Wiles

I picked up a set as well via the postal carry venue. I liked that raspy Samson myself and the ghost cut will make your ear drums throb.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rakkin6

Yeah I know, was surprised how loud the ghost cut was. They are good calls I will definitely be trying some of their other calls.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sir-diealot

I have 2 of his, the Crazy Cackler and the Able Assassin, both very nice calls.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

rakkin6

I think I am gonna try the Able Assassin and Hooked for my next two calls from them. I am definitely glad I decided to join Old Gobbler. Found so many great call makers that I never would have really known about. Pretty much the only big box stores brand I do buy anymore is Woodhaven mouth calls. I can run those pretty good and they sound good. Other than that I have been getting most of my calls from guys on here.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Sir-diealot

Quote from: rakkin6 on March 21, 2020, 04:22:18 AM
I think I am gonna try the Able Assassin and Hooked for my next two calls from them. I am definitely glad I decided to join Old Gobbler. Found so many great call makers that I never would have really known about. Pretty much the only big box stores brand I do buy anymore is Woodhaven mouth calls. I can run those pretty good and they sound good. Other than that I have been getting most of my calls from guys on here.

Opened a whole new world custom calls to me when I joined, the members here were very helpful in helping me get my first turkey.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."