OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SpeedBead™ Mounts

Started by gdc23, March 19, 2020, 04:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdc23

Has anyone used a Burris SpeedBead™ Mount, thinking of trying one on my Beretta A391 xtrema. Its a dedicated turkey model (Xterma A391 Turkey Special) and does have the detachable rail mount that goes on the receiver but the speed bead set up seems to put the sight lower inline with the original bead.  Any opinions are appreciated

Swamper7

I used one last year with some success it held zero and seemed very sturdy on an m1. My problem i had with it seems to be what you are looking for, the dot was too close to the bead and off center since I was compensating for poi issues. Just threw me off i guess. I have it mounted on top with a rail now and my field of view is much better. I had the same thoughts trying to co-witness the dot to the bead but after trying both i prefer the full field of view with the sight mounted higher. Hope that helps somehow

gdc23

Thanks for the response, I do have the mounting rail with the gun as its a dedicated turkey gun (391 Xtrema Turkey Special) so I will possibly try that method first, its looking like with the current situation my hunting trip to NY may be cancelled.

Swamper7

Yep mine got canceled too, sucks