OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 Pattern 45 yards

Started by rakkin6, March 18, 2020, 10:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

Patterned my 835 here is what I got at 45. Couldn't go out any farther but I think I am good.

Indian Creek choke
Winchester Longbeards 3" 1 7/8 #5
Burris Fastfire 3
45 yards

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

bbcoach

You better, Aim Small at any closer distance.  LB's are notorious for very tight patterns.  Have you shot the LB's at 20 and 30, so you know what they are doing?  I shoot the 835 with a .670 Pure Gold choke.  I hunt with 3 1/2" Hevi 7's and she puts 300 plus in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards.  You definitely have a killing pattern, just be aware of what it will do at 20 and 30 so you'll know how to aim for the much tighter patterns.  Good Luck this season!

LB 6's maybe the ticket for that Indian Creek

rakkin6

Oh yeah been using this shell for the past three years. Tried the #6 but they kind of fell apart for some reason after 30 yards. I shot at 10, 20, 25, 30, 40 and 45. Here is a 20 yard picture. I adjusted my red dot to the right a little to center it up. Good luck to you also and stay safe.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Bowguy

We are supposed to limit talk to 40 yards. I know it's only paper and wouldn't harm anything but to my understanding 40 yard anything is max

rakkin6

Yeah 40 is my Max in the woods. Even if I am setting up dekes I out them out no more than 20 yards in front of me. I always carry my range finder when I go out with dekes. That way if they hang up 10 yards short I am still good.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Just posted that pic, sorry didn't know about the 40 yard rule

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

trkehunr93

You need to be rock steady at 20 IMO with that pattern.  That's tight.

rakkin6

I know right, but it was the best I shot at 30 to 40 also. So I guess you can't have it both ways. That's why I am glad I got the red dot

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

bbcoach

6, I have a Bushnell Red dot on top of my 835.  If you shoot yours like a rifle and don't get turkey fever you'll be ok.  I'm glad to see you have done your homework and shot those LB's at close ranges.  Aim small, Miss small.

rakkin6

Yeah I shoot it like a rifle and obviously the heart gets going a little faster when Mr. Tom comes walking in but I usually stay pretty composed.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

1iagobblergetter

That's a great pattern imo.

KentuckyLB

Quote from: Bowguy on March 19, 2020, 02:23:42 PM
We are supposed to limit talk to 40 yards. I know it's only paper and wouldn't harm anything but to my understanding 40 yard anything is max

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Yeah if he`s 41 please don't shoot them 5`s will not kill him. :icon_thumright:

Bowguy

Quote from: KentuckyLB on March 24, 2020, 03:17:02 PM

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  Yeah if he`s 41 please don't shoot them 5`s will not kill him. :icon_thumright:

It's someone else's forum n he prefers we limit talk to 40. A man should respect that. I for one think he's on the right track w his thinking. You should read the rules about it. You might learn something about the way our words n thoughts are seen by others be it brothers or enemies.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Bowguy on March 24, 2020, 04:47:35 PM

It's someone else's forum n he prefers we limit talk to 40. A man should respect that. I for one think he's on the right track w his thinking. You should read the rules about it. You might learn something about the way our words n thoughts are seen by others be it brothers or enemies.
Well put.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

KentuckyLB

Quote from: Bowguy on March 24, 2020, 04:47:35 PM

Yeah I understand its someone else`s forum , but your beliefs and others with this 40 yard stuff is not accurate or should be taken as 40 yards is the maximum turkeys should be killed. No I am not condoning shooting turkeys at long range , but with todays shells and chokes 40 yards is obsolete and should not stop someone from harvesting a gobbler or they're first turkey. I have mentoring young turkey hunters for a long time this is my 35th season keep letting them walk when they are past 40 ...more for us  :icon_thumright: