turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New 22” Versa Max on the way!... have a couple questions

Started by Longspur321, March 18, 2020, 01:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longspur321

Been a minute since I've posted here y'all. Ordered the 22" VM Turkey for a 40th birthday present to myself. :z-guntootsmiley:Should be here in a few days, and I was wondering a couple things.

Has anyone shot 3.5" NITROS through this gun? If so, what chokes were used? I still have a full box of H51013's that I use in my trusty ol 870. I searched and couldn't find anything on this subject. I'm planning on ordering a Jebs .655 and a Sumtoy(not sure what constriction yet), and possibly an I.C. .670" to try. I'm just not sure I feel comfortable shooting those high powered missiles out of my new gun. I'll likely start using the Win LB XR's  5's or 6's once I'm done with Nitros. They getting wayyy too rich for my blood.

Another thing, I found a few posts on the bore finish of the VM turkey but never found a definitive answer as to is the bore chrome lined? I would like to polish it like all my other guns but don't want to screw anything up.

Scope mounting. I will run a FF-3 and want to know what base/rail y'all have or recommend to fit it.

Any and all help is much appreciated!
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

Turkeytider

Quote from: Longspur321 on March 18, 2020, 01:26:49 PM
Been a minute since I've posted here y'all. Ordered the 22" VM Turkey for a 40th birthday present to myself.  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:Should be here in a few days, and I was wondering a couple things.

Has anyone shot 3.5" NITROS through this gun? If so, what chokes were used? I still have a full box of H51013's that I use in my trusty ol 870. I searched and couldn't find anything on this subject. I'm planning on ordering a Jebs .655 and a Sumtoy(not sure what constriction yet), and possibly an I.C. .670" to try. I'm just not sure I feel comfortable shooting those high powered missiles out of my new gun. I'll likely start using the Win LB XR's  5's or 6's once I'm done with Nitros. They getting wayyy too rich for my blood.

Another thing, I found a few posts on the bore finish of the VM turkey but never found a definitive answer as to is the bore chrome lined? I would like to polish it like all my other guns but don't want to screw anything up. Any and all help is much appreciated!

Longspur, if you don`t get the answers you need, take your questions to the Remington forum in ShotgunWorld. Great site for all things shotgun.

Catfishlee

I have one .  I bought a Indian Creek but I found the factory choke out performed.  I have only shot magnum blends,  longbeard # 4 , and winchester supremes # 6  all in 3.5".   I would love to see how the Jebs .655 compares.   Have you got to shoot it yet?