OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: State Hunting Closures Thread  (Read 14445 times)

Offline PalmettoRon

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: State Hunting Closures Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2020, 05:01:36 PM »
San Carlos Apache Reservation in AZ posted on their facebook page that they were canceling non tribal member turkey hunting and NO REFUNDS would be forthcoming. Pennywise and pound foolish on their part. Credit card companies have been notified. Res. won't win this one.

Offline GobbleNut

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Southern New Mexico
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2020, 12:30:55 PM »
San Carlos Apache Reservation in AZ posted on their facebook page that they were canceling non tribal member turkey hunting and NO REFUNDS would be forthcoming. Pennywise and pound foolish on their part. Credit card companies have been notified. Res. won't win this one.

Yeah, I'm not sure they understand the potential repercussions of just declaring they are keeping your money when they are the ones making the decision to cancel their hunt.  Even though they are sovereign, I believe they would not stand a chance of winning that one in a court of law. 

On the flip side, they also have the sovereign right to tell you that you cannot hunt on their reservation in the future if you make a stink about getting your money back.  If you cancel your payment (if that is even feasible), you may be put on their sh*t list and never get to hunt there again. 

Ultimately, you have to weigh the possible implications of making the decision to pursue it. 

Offline AndyH

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2020, 04:59:10 PM »
Ohio has just been added to the list of suspending non resident license sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline brittman

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2020, 07:17:34 PM »
Live near the MN / WI border and plan to hunt both states with my son.   Plan to hunt in May and hope the stay at home orders are lifted by end of April.   Mix of private and public land.   I tend to kill many more on public land because I hold my private land spots for my kids or some private spots I have access to are youth only.

Most of my spots are 20 minutes or less from my house in both states.   60 miles is usually the furthest that I go ...   This year with the new relaxing of MN permit zones ... I was hoping to explore a little in different areas of the state late season.

With stay at home orders in place in both MN and WI ... I have refrained from scouting especially crossing state lines.

Offline PalmettoRon

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2020, 11:41:46 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure they understand the potential repercussions of just declaring they are keeping your money when they are the ones making the decision to cancel their hunt.  Even though they are sovereign, I believe they would not stand a chance of winning that one in a court of law. 

On the flip side, they also have the sovereign right to tell you that you cannot hunt on their reservation in the future if you make a stink about getting your money back.  If you cancel your payment (if that is even feasible), you may be put on their sh*t list and never get to hunt there again. 

Ultimately, you have to weigh the possible implications of making the decision to pursue it. 

I’ve already made MY decision to never give them another nickel. I could care less what they do. Too many other good places to hunt without putting up with their nonsense. Hunted San Carlos many times unguided with excellent success, but I hunt multiple states every year, so I’m done. I don’t blame them for closing the season, but stating on the phone that it’s a lot of work to refund the money is very lame.

Offline tracker vi

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2020, 02:46:39 PM »
never mind
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 09:58:10 PM by tracker vi »

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2020, 07:30:19 AM »

Perhaps a better decision on their part would have been to honor already-purchased 2020 permits for the 2021 season.

Offline A5Oldschool

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2020, 03:14:35 PM »
Kentucky is no longer selling Non-Resident Turkey tags. If you have bought one you must Quarantine for 14 days When you enter the state.

Hobbes

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2020, 02:57:15 PM »
Montana is closed to Nonresidents until at least April 24th.  See attachment.

Offline High plains drifter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2020, 12:08:36 AM »
Getting word that a most South Florida WMAs closing today. When I get the list I’ll post. Bubba
  Hunters cant remember all that.

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2020, 10:41:18 AM »
 Kansas is now on the list of suspending sales of non-resident licenses.

Offline turkeyfool

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2020, 12:20:19 PM »
I was about to buy my KS tag last night and didn’t have the option to buy unless a NR landowner, so I knew this would be coming. Can anyone confirm that as of right now, South Dakota and Oklahoma are still selling to NR’s?

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2020, 12:24:16 PM »
I was about to buy my KS tag last night and didn’t have the option to buy unless a NR landowner, so I knew this would be coming. Can anyone confirm that as of right now, South Dakota and Oklahoma are still selling to NR’s?
Oklahoma's are available for purchase online and can be mailed to you, or you will have to wait until you get there to get them. If you're already on the road traveling, you could purchase them online to get them locked in, then get a reprint tag when you arrive if you're worried they will suspend them prior to you arriving in Oklahoma.

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2020, 01:21:10 PM »
Just got my refund deposited into my account from my Nebraska tag.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline mookyj

• www.joyneroutdoormedia.com
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »
Here's the latest update list  http://www.turkey-talk.com/tblog/?p=1662
Mike Joyner
joyneroutdoormedia.com