OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite JLH Striker?

Started by Turkeytider, March 16, 2020, 12:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakkin6

Just got these in the mail from Jeff last night.

Left to Right
Heavy Hickory, Bloodwood, Frogwood, Macassar Ebony

Only had a minute this morning to run them on a Dawkins pot. Going to mess with them more through the week. Season starts for me this Saturday.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Can't attach the picture it says the file is to large. Sorry about that, but needless to say they are all nice
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

rakkin6

Figured out how to post pics these are the strikers I received from Jeff on Monday

Hickory, Bloodwood, Frogwood, Macassar Ebony

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Terry

I'd like to add I really like his weighted Cedar as a nice switch up. It tones down any surface I've played it on and has a nice clean two note sound. If I'm hunting hard hunted birds I'll sometimes opt for a clean sound since most hunters use nothing but rasp.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Harty

Quote from: Terry on March 19, 2020, 03:49:56 PM
I'd like to add I really like his weighted Cedar as a nice switch up. It tones down any surface I've played it on and has a nice clean two note sound. If I'm hunting hard hunted birds I'll sometimes opt for a clean sound since most hunters use nothing but rasp.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

I also do not hesitate reaching for Jeff's weighted cedar. His hvy cedar and hickory were the first two strikers I received from Jeff in early 2019. They both still see a lot of playing time even though the flock has been slowly expanding.

Caspar

My favorite was granadillo but i recently got a frogwood from a member here and it just may be my new favorite. I liked the frogwood so much that i ordered another one today.

Buckrub

If I could only take one striker in the woods, it would be FROGWOOD hands down !!!

Chris O

I only have 3 Grandadillo, Purple Heart, and heavy hickory. It seems I reach for the Grandadillo the most often. I am going to have to try frog wood

Gog1015

I like his tulipwood and frogwood the best, but they all sound really good, great finish on them.

Greg Massey

I only have 2 of his strikers frog wood and Nicaraguan rosewood , i see myself using the N Rosewood the most.

raven105

Frogwood is a good choice. Paired with a Chad Remenaric Padauk green slate got it done. Nice work fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drk9988

Does he offer a Rutland Dymondwood? :funnyturkey:

Roost 1

TalknTurkey

Quote from: drk9988 on March 22, 2020, 09:05:59 PM
Yes, he posted some on his Facebook page this morning

drk9988

Quote from: TalknTurkey on March 22, 2020, 09:29:33 PM
Quote from: drk9988 on March 22, 2020, 09:05:59 PM