turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Code black pattermaster 410

Started by sippy cup, March 08, 2020, 10:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sippy cup

I was wondering if anyone has tried the patternmaster code black 410 Turkey choke tubes yet
beware of longdale legend

huntinsomd

I just bought one for my Tristar Viper. I also loaded some TSS for that gun, but haven't shot it yet. Probably shoot it this week.

sippy cup

That's What I have is tristar viper
beware of longdale legend

huntinsomd

I shot my Viper G2 .410 today with the Patternmaster Code Black .383 turkey choke. The results were decent, but not what I was hoping for. I shot handloaded TSS through a Jebs XF, CNC .385 and the PM. The PM seemed to have the best, most consistent patterns, but I was hoping for more hits in the 10 ring from handloaded 10's. I ran a patch through the bore every couple shots. I guess 161 hit avg. out of the 3 targets is good, but not great. I'm satisfied that this gun is ready to hunt, but I'm ready to start testing out my 28 at this point!...410's are a little temperamental!

huntinsomd

2nd 100

In all our 410's we are getting as strong or better numbers with #9's . but a 160 average is not bad at all remember we shooting a 410 not a 12 GA .
We also went to # 9 to keep from having to keep different shot sizes for all out guns .

huntinsomd

I was expecting more from handloaded 10's. My Henry does 180 with Apex 9 1/2 and I've seen better results all over these forums so it is still frustrating. I haven't taken the time to deep clean and or polish the barrel of this gun so maybe that would help. I'm not mad just a bit disappointed.

skimerhorn

My pattern we t from 140 to 274 after I deep cleaned my 301 with factory choke and apex 9.5

huntinsomd

That's awesome! I know what I need to do!