OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do you have a life verse?

Started by Sir-diealot, March 15, 2020, 10:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I hear people talk about their life verse all the time, something they take from the Bible that they try to live by or helps to keep them centered. Do you have anything like that? I use this one to constantly remind me that no matter how much I have improved compared to how I used to be I am still just a sinner saved by grace.

1 Timothy 1:15 King James Version
15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Do you have a verse like this and if so what is it?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Chuck1443

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace ,who's mind is stayed on thee:because he trusteth in thee .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Pine

Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

eggshell

I have more than one here are two I use a lot.

Isaiah 65:8
New International Version

8 This is what the Lord says:

"As when juice is still found in a cluster of grapes
    and people say, 'Don't destroy it,
    there is still a blessing in it,'
so will I do in behalf of my servants;
    I will not destroy them all.

and Romans 8:28 - 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

I have a poem I wrote early in my faith walk that still expresses my feelings on salvation. I even wrote a blog a few years ago titled the same as the Poem, Favored Clay. Odd I find this post, as I just revived it today. below is a link if you'd like to check it out.

https://favoredclayredo.wordpress.com/

Sir-diealot

Thanks you each for your posts, enjoyed reading them and hope to read more.

Eggshell I will check it out shortly.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

misfire

Romans 10:13 goes on every call I make.
For whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved

That was read to me July 13, 1984

I live by Romans 13:4

for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Loyalist84

While I would never call myself a believer, I do try to follow, among other moral ideas, the maxims set out in Matthew 7:12, and as the descendant of German refugees who fled to America and then Canada in the 17th-18th century in the aftermath of war, Leviticus 19:34 holds a special place in my heart and I try to live up to it.

"In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets."

"The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God"

Sir-diealot

Quote from: misfire on March 16, 2020, 03:53:53 PM
Romans 10:13 goes on every call I make.
For whosever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved

That was read to me July 13, 1984

I live by Romans 13:4

for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer
The Romans Road has helped lead many to the Lord. Lot of good scripture there for sure.

Quote from: Loyalist84 on March 16, 2020, 05:33:51 PM
While I would never call myself a believer, I do try to follow, among other moral ideas, the maxims set out in Matthew 7:12, and as the descendant of German refugees who fled to America and then Canada in the 17th-18th century in the aftermath of war, Leviticus 19:34 holds a special place in my heart and I try to live up to it.

"In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets."

It is good that your family history makes you look at the Bible, there is a lot of good in there to be found for everyone.

"The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God"

John Koenig:

Old Timer

Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me and be saved,all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else.

Papa

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

"Amen" and praise God.

Sir-diealot

Both very good ones, I am enjoying reading these.

John Koenig:

DawgsFan1

Mine is Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths.

I struggle with the "lean not on your own understanding" more often than I like to admit. But that is the reason this is my life verse because I need to live by it every day. I don't know what the future holds but I do know who holds my future.
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Sir-diealot

Quote from: DawgsFan1 on March 20, 2020, 01:50:43 PM
Mine is Proverbs 3:5-6

and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths.

I struggle with the "lean not on your own understanding" more often than I like to admit. But that is the reason this is my life verse because I need to live by it every day. I don't know what the future holds but I do know who holds my future.
I struggle with it myself, when I was homeless when I was 16 I had to do anything I could to find a meal or a place to sleep and it taught me to rely on myself for anything I wanted, now I am a Christian, (not the greatest one mind you, but I try) and it can be hard to wait on him when things seem to get dire but he does always come through.

John Koenig:

StruttinGobbler3

I would say the verses closest to my heart are the three instances when God has said "I will never leave you; never will I forsake you". In my past I've had some very troubled and dark times in which I felt that God had abandoned me. I have since come to realize He was there all along, I was just unable to see it in my situation. These verses keep me grounded in the fact that no matter where I am or what is going on in my life, my Lord has never for a second left my side. Very comforting thought when life gets difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Sir-diealot

Quote from: StruttinGobbler3 on March 20, 2020, 02:09:54 PM
I would say the verses closest to my heart are the three instances when God has said "I will never leave you; never will I forsake you". In my past I've had some very troubled and dark times in which I felt that God had abandoned me. I have since come to realize He was there all along, I was just unable to see it in my situation. These verses keep me grounded in the fact that no matter where I am or what is going on in my life, my Lord has never for a second left my side. Very comforting thought when life gets difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very well put and I understand.

John Koenig: