Started by BigSlam51, March 13, 2020, 08:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRooster17

Very nice caller from Billy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Really nice looking call.. congrats

Papa

Very nice call. I will be giving Mr. Billy a call very soon.

davisd9

Quote from: BigSlam51 on March 13, 2020, 09:51:28 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on March 13, 2020, 09:38:18 PM
Those flat or round mouthpieces?
Round, but I have a flat pistachio mp coming too

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mr. Billy recently told a friend of mine that he recommends choosing the one you like and sticking to it. Beautiful call and as states, please share the box.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

BigSlam51

Thanks guys! It's a one of a kind that's for sure!

DBuck90

All my years of running a wingbone call stuck in a shotgun shell and several different Penns Woods trumpets i have realized I apparently don't know anything about trumpet calls or trumpet call makers
I just seen one on eBay for $3,000 and that blew my mind I think it was made by Zach farmer but I am not sure if that name is correct. How did you all find these call makers like the name mentioned above I have never heard of him so where did you find one of his calls to even try ? I am just late to the game and have a lot to learn

BigSlam51

Quote from: DBuck90 on April 03, 2020, 07:59:27 AM
All my years of running a wingbone call stuck in a shotgun shell and several different Penns Woods trumpets i have realized I apparently don't know anything about trumpet calls or trumpet call makers
I just seen one on eBay for $3,000 and that blew my mind I think it was made by Zach farmer but I am not sure if that name is correct. How did you all find these call makers like the name mentioned above I have never heard of him so where did you find one of his calls to even try ? I am just late to the game and have a lot to learn
Mr. Billy Buice has been making turkey calls longer than anybody alive today, I believe he's at 53 or 54 continuous years now. I buy my trumpets straight from him, either at unicoi in Georgia or over the phone.

ol bob

A $3000. dollar trumpet will not kill more turkeys or play easier than a well made $100. dollar trumpet in fact some of the $100, dollar ones will play a lot better. You are paying for who made it and if you can still get one nothing more.

DBuck90

Quote from: BigSlam51 on April 03, 2020, 08:17:05 AM
Mr. Billy Buice has been making turkey calls longer than anybody alive today, I believe he's at 53 or 54 continuous years now. I buy my trumpets straight from him, either at unicoi in Georgia or over the phone. Thank you for the response I would like to go to Unicoi I know that's the call makers number one spot but I can never seem to find the date hopefully next year I can go so I can actually see these trumpets members rave about

DBuck90

Quote from: ol bob on April 03, 2020, 08:48:24 AM
A $3000. dollar trumpet will not kill more turkeys or play easier than a well made $100. dollar trumpet in fact some of the $100, dollar ones will play a lot better. You are paying for who made it and if you can still get one nothing more.

I agree 100 percent with you I just don't know enough about trumpet makers seems like my best bet is to go to Unicoi and meet these call makers and actually see their products so I can get a better understanding I didn't even know till the other day some makers make calls with changeable mouth pieces and I had never seen that before

Sir-diealot

Quote from: DBuck90 on April 03, 2020, 09:01:02 AM

I agree 100 percent with you I just don't know enough about trumpet makers seems like my best bet is to go to Unicoi and meet these call makers and actually see their products so I can get a better understanding I didn't even know till the other day some makers make calls with changeable mouth pieces and I had never seen that before
I was you when I got here 2 years ago, has been so much fun learning everything that is out there in all varieties of turkey calls and I am still learning. Great bunch here and so much to be learned from them and the knowledge and love of the sport is so freely given that it makes it a great place to hang out.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

DBuck90

Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 03, 2020, 09:17:34 AM

I was you when I got here 2 years ago, has been so much fun learning everything that is out there in all varieties of turkey calls and I am still learning. Great bunch here and so much to be learned from them and the knowledge and love of the sport is so freely given that it makes it a great place to hang out.

Thanks I am hoping to learn a lot seems like a great group of knowledgeable hunters and I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this site it's foreign territory

mgm1955

Sir-diealot

Quote from: DBuck90 on April 03, 2020, 09:51:11 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on April 03, 2020, 09:17:34 AM

Thanks I am hoping to learn a lot seems like a great group of knowledgeable hunters and I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this site it's foreign territory

Sorry, just seeing your reply. It is not to hard, you will get it in time. Willingness to learn is a very important thing, I see many in life that think they know it all because they watched a TV show or read a book and they know very little. I only know it all because I read 3 books. :D
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."