OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: WV public info  (Read 2452 times)

Offline Cketch80

WV public info
« on: March 13, 2020, 02:38:42 PM »
Looking for some leads for the WV spring gobbler season. Somewhere around Cameron, Hundred, or Blacksville anywhere around there. I live with within 10 minutes of WV line West or south in Greene county PA
Anyone willing to point me in a good direction I can set up on state land in PA

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
Re: WV public info
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 06:51:46 PM »
If your 10min away I'd drive over starting with the nearest one and start scouting now, first hand knowledge is going to be a way more accurate then a general recommendation online.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Cketch80

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 01:08:35 PM »
Valid point and I've already been doing as much but the birds arent nearly as visible now as they will be on 2-3 weeks. 2 kids and undesirable work schedule is be all ears on someone leading me in a good direction. Seeing birds in March is much different than killing them in late April and May

Offline Cketch80

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 01:10:19 PM »
I do try to scout as much as I can I don't want you to think im disagreeing with your advice

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 07:37:57 PM »
I hear ya on the job and kids, I typically only get online scouting time before showing up somewhere new so I figured any time with boots on the ground could help atleast cross off areas you aren't seeing any sign in. If you don't have it onX can go a long way to helping thin down the starting points.

I don't have any experience out that way, so I didn't have much else to offer. I plan to hunt WV next season but down in pocahontas county so not in the area you'd be looking at.

I spent a lot of miles learning some new public ground in western MD last year and it took some time to figure things out so I'll be going back there again this year to use that Intel I earned before I move on.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Cketch80

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2020, 02:52:00 AM »
Never thought of the apps actually. Use them constantly for deer never actually crossed my mind to use for turkey. Thanks for the help. Good luck

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2020, 04:36:06 PM »
Are you looking at underwood as the closest WV wmu?

Offline Cketch80

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 11:15:37 PM »
Underwood is a good place I actually found a guy I know well who is gonna hunt the opener there with me. He is retired so he plans to do some scouting. There is also some smaller plots close to my work that I can hunt