turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Badlands Vest

Started by Tom007, March 13, 2020, 08:19:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

We all search for the perfect Turkey vest. I have been following this new vest from Badlands. Great company that makes quality hunting gear. This has been in the pipeline for a few years. They went so far as to ask turkey hunters for feedback. I gave them my thoughts, the important thing for me was a comfortable out of your way seat. They nailed it with their version of the famous Cabelas speed seat. The vest has 12 pockets, box call, 2 pot calls, large interior pockets, mouth call, conditioning pockets, bino strap ready, hydration bladder ready, and fair size game bag for decoys etc. The vest is made from high quality water resistant material. Great shoulder straps, and tons of adjustability. Best of all, it's lightweight to start, and yes it has shell  loops. All in all, it fits my needs. Good luck, be safe...
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

The back view...great seat...
"Solo hunter"

Goblen

I have there long haul duffel that I travel with. Its It's absolutely indestructible. But if you did something to it they don't care they will replace it free. Even if you didn't buy it.
I do like the vest. This is the one area they will miss out on a lot of sales of there new vest. I mean a lot. Just look at the trends for camo pattern among Turkey hunters. Greenleaf, Original Bottomland, Obsession. 

Tom007

I hunt NJ, NY. Our woods is barren early season. I never go out without my Mossy Oak Shannon's bug tamer leafy jacket. This camo blends right in with the leafy wear. This is Sitka camo pattern. When the weather gets hot, I switch to the Cabelas 1/2 vest speed seat. I wear the lightweight Sitka camo pattern and have had birds within feet, never saw me. I do prefer mossy oak type camo, but when you are sitting with this vest on, not much of it is visible. It is very well made. Thanks for your great thoughts, be safe.....
"Solo hunter"

turkeykiller22

How were they able to get around Cabelas speed seat patent? Looks the same as the speed seat to me but I dont have one in hand..
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

Tom007

It looks just like it, works real well. Don't know how the patent works. The vest is just what I look for. I cover lots of ground, but do sit for hours sometime. Be safe....
"Solo hunter"

jordanz7935

Looks like a really good vest, thanks for the review! I'm looking to get a new vest and this one might just be the one. Does it have pockets on the inside of the vest? If so I'll probably end up pulling the trigger on the badlands.

Tom007

Yes, it has internal pockets. Great vest. Good luck....
"Solo hunter"

the Ward

looks good, lot of nice features on it for sure.

Tom007

I just sold my Under Armour vest that was the best until I saw this one. I like simple, but comprehensive. You can sit long on this cushion, the speed seat feature keeps it out of the way. It also has nice shoulder straps, but the lower part of the straps don't interfere when shouldering your gun. Perfect amount , well thought out pockets. Finally Badlands products are quality, and they stand behind everything. I think you will like it. Good luck......
"Solo hunter"

rxhunter13

Thinking about giving this vest a try. Anyone else picked this vest up? I'm a little hesitant about the camo pattern since I've never seen it in the woods.

lowcountry

Quote from: rxhunter13 on March 15, 2020, 11:46:02 PM
Thinking about giving this vest a try. Anyone else picked this vest up? I'm a little hesitant about the camo pattern since I've never seen it in the woods.
x2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBR12

I'm not a fan of the camo. It is too light colored for my liking. I have a badlands bino harness with the same camo and I don't like it. I am actually thinking of spraying a light coat of camo spray paint on my harness to darken it up a little.

lowcountry

That is what worries me.   

TravisB

That camo pattern wouldn't bother me. I much prefer a lighter shade of camo, anyway.