OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

SBE1 and TSS help for a friend

Started by RiverRoost, March 10, 2020, 11:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

Got a buddy who says he's having trouble getting his SBE1 to pattern. He has a primos TSS which I believe is a .650 and also had a patternmaster striker he says. He wants to shoot federal 7's or 9's. What choke and construction would y'all try?

I've looked at nitro website just for a reference and most of their loads they are recommending somewhere in the .655-665 range,just for curiosity sakes

gdc23

magedon44

Quote from: RiverRoost on March 10, 2020, 11:08:19 PM
Got a buddy who says he's having trouble getting his SBE1 to pattern. He has a primos TSS which I believe is a .650 and also had a patternmaster striker he says. He wants to shoot federal 7's or 9's. What choke and construction would y'all try?

I've looked at nitro website just for a reference and most of their loads they are recommending somewhere in the .655-665 range,just for curiosity sakes

What did you get figured out ? Tighter or larger diameter ?

Tom007

The best choke in my Benelli SBE 1 is Rob Roberts 660. Non ported. Handles everything from Federal Heavyweight with the flight control wads to Magnum blend, to all the Winchester Longbeards. Fantastic choke....
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

I also recommend SumToy, Truelock, Pure Gold Tempest, I have tried all these with good results. The Rob Roberts was a bit more consistent.
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Rob Roberts is the right hand pattern, Rob Roberts.
"Solo hunter"