turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Crossroad game calls

Started by Shady valley birds, March 09, 2020, 12:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shady valley birds

Has anyone have any experience with crossroads Turkey calls? I found them on ebay and am considering getting one but can't find a YouTube video or nothing.  Thanks guys!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

rdjustham

Ive seen them on Ebay, but i thought they just sold strikers and blanks and precut pots didnt know they had complete calls.

Shady valley birds

Yea me too till I bought this one it was purple slate over alum in a purple heart pot. I reckon we will see when it gets here
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

letinmfly

You'll be very surprised with the sound quality of these potcalls.  They are CNC but they sound good and they won't break the bank.  I own lots of custom calls but I wouldn't hesitate to hunt these. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Sir-diealot

I am not trying to be a jerk so I hope I do not come off that way, but is Crossroad Game Calls the same as Crossroads Turkey Calls? I see both names in the thread and just wanted to clarify. Thank you.

Edit: Found both and one is in FL and the other in PA so which are you guys referring to?

Second Edit: I found crgamecalls on ebay. I did not recognize the name at first because he does not use his full name Crossroad Game Calls on ebay he goes by crgamecalls. So with that said I can tell you I have purchased from him before, he is who I got the kit to build my call from, very nice guy, answered all my questions and there were many of them and did not give me any problems or attitude at all. I had bought a kit to build a matching box call from him but wound up donating it to raise money for a young kid going through cancer that has since then had to have a leg amputated. I am hoping to get another of the same kit from him if I can as well as another 2 pot call kits as well.

IMG_0349 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0347 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Shady valley birds

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 09, 2020, 10:32:37 PM
I am not trying to be a jerk so I hope I do not come off that way, but is Crossroad Game Calls the same as Crossroads Turkey Calls? I see both names in the thread and just wanted to clarify. Thank you.

Edit: Found both and one is in FL and the other in PA so which are you guys referring to?

Second Edit: I found crgamecalls on ebay. I did not recognize the name at first because he does not use his full name Crossroad Game Calls on ebay he goes by crgamecalls. So with that said I can tell you I have purchased from him before, he is who I got the kit to build my call from, very nice guy, answered all my questions and there were many of them and did not give me any problems or attitude at all. I had bought a kit to build a matching box call from him but wound up donating it to raise money for a young kid going through cancer that has since then had to have a leg amputated. I am hoping to get another of the same kit from him if I can as well as another 2 pot call kits as well.

IMG_0349 by Sir-diealot, on Flickr

IMG_0347 (2) by Sir-diealot, on Flickr
I think your right I didnt know there were 2 crossroads calls. But I bought a couple strikers last year and they were good, but that slate looks awesome

Shady valley birds

Update: recieved the purple slate today and it's a fine call. Def the raspiest slate I have. Im super pleased for a $30 call I don't think you can beat it!

letinmfly

Quote from: Shady valley birds on March 11, 2020, 03:14:46 PM
Update: recieved the purple slate today and it's a fine call. Def the raspiest slate I have. Im super pleased for a $30 call I don't think you can beat it!

Glad you like it.  Like I said you can't beat them for the price they charge. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Double B

I recently picked up very colorful mineral poplar slate on eBay from Crossroad game calls and it sounds very good.  Came w  nice Rosewood striker.   Been around on eBay long time, lots of feedback.
Followed by buzzards

Sir-diealot

Quote from: letinmfly on March 09, 2020, 10:02:36 PM
You'll be very surprised with the sound quality of these potcalls.  They are CNC but they sound good and they won't break the bank.  I own lots of custom calls but I wouldn't hesitate to hunt these.
He does not CNC just so you know.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Shady valley birds

I'll admit my expectations were low but it blew me away for the price.  Iv never fooled with purple slate before but it's got a spot in my vest for sure

Remturkey

Bought my first Crossroad call a few years ago from him as he only lives about an hour from me and was set up at a local gun show.  Since then I have bought about a dozen calls from him and have been very pleased with each one.  His strikers can't be beat for the price.  I just bought one of his box call kits to put together and finish myself. 

Shady valley birds

He has a red slate I'd like to check out as well