OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

One sider

Started by shatcher, October 30, 2019, 08:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatcher

I just got one in from Tony.  It has a clear young hen sound.  Nice call.

chufagold

Heres my single lady from Pat Strawser. He won the single side category at nationals this year. There may be some as good as his but none better.  https://youtu.be/hx6Z7HHmPGo

chufagold

AT

jrinny

Just got a great Purple Heart/cedar one sider from Josh Farley. I asked Josh for what he thought was a good combination in his one sider- and he didn't disappoint.  He has some pictures and sound files on his Facebook call page. He is a great guy to deal with

va longbeard

Quote from: jrinny on December 09, 2019, 06:11:08 PM
Just got a great Purple Heart/cedar one sider from Josh Farley. I asked Josh for what he thought was a good combination in his one sider- and he didn't disappoint.  He has some pictures and sound files on his Facebook call page. He is a great guy to deal with

Got that same call its a great one. 

Josh is a super nice guy to deal with also and makes a great call.

Mathews.1

Quote from: jrinny on December 09, 2019, 06:11:08 PM
I just received one as well. Like jrinny  just said great guy and a awesome call.

KYTURKEY

Tony Quarino Gabon Ebony/ Holly. Hands down

Jeff McKamey Canarywood/butternut

Josh Farley and Jeff White have been making some nice one-siders. All 4 of these guys are great callmakers. And they are all great people, which to me has a lot to do with buying a call.

Patrick

shatcher

I just got one from Matt Fulkerson in apple with a bloodwood lid.  There are 3 hens on that one side.  This is one of those calls you just can't put down.  It's a killer.

chefrific

Quote from: shatcher on December 28, 2019, 07:25:35 PM
I just got one from Matt Fulkerson in apple with a bloodwood lid.  There are 3 hens on that one side.  This is one of those calls you just can't put down.  It's a killer.

Matt Fulkerson most definitely makes a KILLER one sider.  I picked up a ironwood over teak one sider from him at Unicoi.  Can't put it down.  It will DEFINITELY be in my vest this spring.  Incredible sounding box.

Hersh

I have a bit of a one sider collection. Jeff McKamey, Lapp, Shoemaker, Harrison just to name a few. But my go to is still an old Dave Tyree purple heart over poplar. Has called in more birds than any other call I own. Don't know if he still makes them. But it's a killer. Ryan

shatcher

I really appreciate the input that I received on here.  Good luck this spring!

2nd 100

I picked up a Purple heart / Poplar one sider at Nationals from Jeff Lacey , spent a fair amount of time with him and Clay Townsend. ( Shag Hill calls ) both are Great Guys and make some real good calls respectively . I have S&S , Lapp , Darrin Dawkins and now a Shag Hill one sider. All are very good .

Charlie 51

Josh Farley one sider. His cedar is awesome..also Dave tyree makes an outstanding one sider. Daves phone number is 715-559-6363.. he's in Missouri. Get on his Facebook an listen to those slate sound files..best I've heard..his box calls will talk true turkey