OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tall timber gabriel  (Read 1509 times)

Offline jbrown

• The Boss Gobbler
Tall timber gabriel
« on: March 08, 2020, 10:16:48 PM »
Have any of y'all tried this box call?? If so, what are the  pro's and con's?? :newmascot:

Offline StruttinGobbler3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Georgia
Re: Tall timber gabriel
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 02:46:56 PM »
Just got one in the mail today. I’ve owned several custom boxes and I admit I’m impressed by this one. Primos has a winner here. It’s well built and I like the heavy lid. You can get two hens out of it by playing up and down the rail. The thumb slots make cutting and clucking real easy. Here’s a short sound file. Forgive my calling, it’s a bit rough here, but I had just pulled it out of the box and was in a bit of a rush. This is indoors as well. Give it a listen and see what you think.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9lkg92qqkdcjpj5/Audio%202020-03-11%2014.21.42.m4a?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Offline StruttinGobbler3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Georgia
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 06:28:48 PM »
Been playing it more since I got home. Now that I’ve gotten used to how it plays it sounds even better. Cutts and cackles on this box are great, nice two note yelp with a good raspy finish. Or play up high on the rail for a young clear hen. Good call overall, definitely worth 65 bucks. I’ve had customs much more expensive than this box that did not play as good as this one. I’ll be hunting it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

Offline Tuffonturkeys

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 06:04:33 PM »
Another sleeper from primos is the revival.. a longer box more high pitched great for when the wind gets up