OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scratch box  (Read 3210 times)

Offline HDSNOOKY

Scratch box
« on: March 08, 2020, 07:57:49 PM »
Looking for a couple of new scratch boxes any suggestions     

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Scratch box
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »
Well I can say this after buying over 60 in the last year there is no best one lol!

Good makers i like you may not like are Scott Basehore, Curtis Tyrell and Josh Farley and there a bunch of other good makers out there.

There deadly calls when played right and they excel at the cluck (best of any call out there in my opinion) and there great for soft yelps and purrs but you can also play them aggressively as well.

Offline bobk

• In Memorial
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 09:17:41 PM »
My favorites scrathers  are made by Scott Basehore,  Bob Fulcher  and Mike Lapp. There is a long list of other great makers.

Offline Candyman

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 09:19:28 PM »
Al and Josh at S&S Calls!!!! 

You won’t be disappointed.

Offline Here turkey turkey turkey

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 09:48:51 PM »
I am not for sure, but when I checked out their Facebook or website I don’t think that they sell them anymore, I may be wrong though.
To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 10:24:14 PM »
just ask and they will make you a killer.

Offline Here turkey turkey turkey

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 10:42:47 PM »
just ask and they will make you a killer.

Ok, my bad.
To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

Offline shoer2

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 12:17:05 PM »
Wendell jolley makes a good one.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 12:28:09 PM »
I’ve got an awful lot of scratchers. That being said I’ve always grabbed an SS and be real successful w em. They make or made a red heart/holly that was crazy good imo. Lonnie Gilbert’s are awesome too

Offline Spitten and drummen

• Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2020, 10:17:45 AM »
I would not take 500 bucks for my Basehore Alaskan yellow cedar. I have a pile of scratch boxes and it along with my gaskins call that I got in 1980 stays in my vest and have been very good to me.
“ RANGERS LEAD THE WAY”
“QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME “ ~ INFANTRY
“DEATH FROM ABOVE “ ~ AIRBORNE

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2020, 02:04:35 PM »
I would not take 500 bucks for my Basehore Alaskan yellow cedar. I have a pile of scratch boxes and it along with my gaskins call that I got in 1980 stays in my vest and have been very good to me.

And just the other day i was thinking of placing a want to buy ad for a Basehore yellow cedar to go with my red cedar of his that I have... thanks a lot, now the open market is going to try and ask for $500+ from me lol
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline Beards and Hooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 07:51:31 PM »

And just the other day i was thinking of placing a want to buy ad for a Basehore yellow cedar to go with my red cedar of his that I have... thanks a lot, now the open market is going to try and ask for $500+ from me lol
   I have a red cedar from Scott also and I really like it, looking forward to getting another or two in the future.

Offline merriamsman

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 02:06:11 PM »
I’ve got a few and my favorite is the “Spanish Lady” made by our very own KentuckyHeadhunter, aka Alan Dunfee.

Offline Charlie 51

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 09:31:08 PM »
Don’t have one.but with all these reviews I may have to reconsider