OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Kingslayer Dust Cover  (Read 2574 times)

Offline Cutt

• The Boss Gobbler
Kingslayer Dust Cover
« on: March 06, 2020, 08:16:04 PM »
I recently got a Kingslayer reflex sight for my birthday and been trying to figure a way to securely keep the dust cover on at times?

I figured going in the woods in the dark and covering areas that are thicker at times I'd like the option to have it on and not have to worry about it coming off. The cover itself does kind of snap on just a bit, but not secure enough to hold it through brush.

So all I could come up with was putting an automotive push clip through the cover and running a loop of elastic cord through it.  Then I have to loop it around the receiver and hook the loop end on the clip end. Kind of looks stupid, but the only thing I could come up with to hold it securely, and where it's easy to get on and off. Has anyone with a similar cover came up with any better ideas? They really need to make the cover tighter fitting, but I guess it's intention was just a dust cover and not designed to stay on through the woods?

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
Re: Kingslayer Dust Cover
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 11:41:33 PM »
Thats pretty cool brother. I love all my swamp fox products. Up to four now.
Georgia Boy

Offline Cutt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 08:51:25 AM »

have you used the cover while hunting, my thought was I would eventually lose it without securing it somehow?

Offline Elmerfudd

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 10:47:42 PM »
Have the same concern. Was going to rig something similar that has a cord run under gun receiver and attaching to sides. I only use the cover when hiking in in the dark. It’s off during shooting hours. Have had the same trouble losing fast fire 3 covers over the years.

Offline savduck

• Limbhanger
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 07:10:23 PM »

have you used the cover while hunting, my thought was I would eventually lose it without securing it somehow?

I normally take my covers off and leave them in my ash tray in the truck.
Georgia Boy

Offline old frank

• Georgia
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 02:27:55 PM »
I have one on a Glock 10mm I hunt pigs with and I take it off before I leave the truck or else it will be gone!
I like the optic but wish the cover was better!

Offline Gobbler428

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Spurs Up
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 07:00:21 AM »
I take a rubber band and run it across the cover and the scope front and back and haven't lost it yet. Just remember to take it off when you set up on a bird lol.

Offline PEPPERHEAD

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 10:21:39 AM »
I just got mine yesterday. Seems to be a nice sight. The only issue I have found is that it won't fit in the same guard as my Vortex and FF3. It's too wide.

Offline RiverRoost

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 09:45:02 AM »
I’ve been thinking about some sort of way to secure the cover too and seeing this just made me think about a way. I have a vortex venom And the way it mounts to my picarinny rail there is a knob on the right side of the base that tightens the base down to the picatinny. If I could get a piece of elastic string, kinda like a woman’s pony tail holder, and put a whole in the left side of the cover, the side where the up/down buttons are on the venom, then double over the string and have the two ends flattened inside the cover and running out of the side of the cover to underneath the gun and the loop end of string, loop formed by doubling the elastic string over, and the loop end hook onto the “tightening bolt” on the right side of the venom base. Don’t know if this would want to pull the cover off the side or not, just a thought.

Basically the same way as this just move your point of where the string comes out to the side and hook it on the base of the venom. Thanks for speaking this idea in my head bc I too worry about losing my cover and have been trying to come up with a good way to secure it

Offline sixbird

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 11:46:02 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/Dream-Plastics-Scope-Cover-Trijicon/dp/B081K78W76