OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: 2020 New Guys/Intros  (Read 2257 times)

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
2020 New Guys/Intros
« on: March 05, 2020, 10:03:40 PM »
A lot of familiar names this year but we do have three new members to the team this year; Gooserbat, Shoreguy, and JL_Longbeard.

I'm Justin been a Widow Maker for 5 years now. I'll be hunting Maryland and maybe PA this year. Will hit WV but won't be carrying a gun.

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
Re: 2020 New Guys/Intros
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 03:13:10 PM »
Names Nick, I am 39 years old, married to a great wife, have a 19 year old daughter, 16 and 9 year old sons.  I have been working at the same job for 21 years now.Been on the team for a few years and hunt Wv and MD.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 05:12:29 AM »
I'm Steve.  One of the founding members of the Widow Makers.  I'm old.  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I'll be hunting West Virginia, Hopefully Georgia and maybe Ohio.  I need to retire and hunt more.  I'm an Electrical Engineer in an aluminum plant. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline Shoreguy

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:26:58 AM »
My name is Daniel I am new to the team this year.  I am 30 years old and my wife is expecting our first child due on April 22.  I will be a little limited in hunting but should be able to get out to get a couple Maryland birds killed.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:42 AM »
My name is Daniel I am new to the team this year.  I am 30 years old and my wife is expecting our first child due on April 22.  I will be a little limited in hunting but should be able to get out to get a couple Maryland birds killed.

I'll keep expectations low for you this season, especially if you're hunting with your brother much.

Offline Shoreguy

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 10:32:14 AM »

I'll keep expectations low for you this season, especially if you're hunting with your brother much.

You should know I will be staying away from him unless he gets you to sight in his gun so he knows where he's shooting this year

Offline JL_Longbeard

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 10:33:42 AM »
My name is Josh, going to turn 37 here soon. Married for 10 years to a girl I've known since I was 12, we have a 6 year old boy who will be tagging along for his first season and a bossy as hell 3 year old daughter. I'll be headed to NM, NY & PA for sure and hopefully some WV &/or OH action sprinkled in. I already talked to the boss man and my annual spring tradition of "If I'm not here by 9:30 a.m., I'll call you" talk and he is full go. He loves when I bring dead things to work and clean them in the parking lot of an engineering company. I think there's still feathers out there from this past fall.

Offline BigGobbler

• BigGobblerCalls
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 08:53:22 PM »
Welcome to the new guys. My name is rick been on the team like a long time lol. Be hunting Florida for sure and if things do not get too stupid with this virus bullshit will be flying and hunting Pa. Its freaking crazy first time i seen it in 30 years being there shutting everything down at disney but still haft to work was hoping for some paid free time for turkey season but not looking like that will happen. Good luck everyone and lets have some fun and be safe.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2020, 09:59:59 AM »
Welcome to the new guys. My name is rick been on the team like a long time lol. Be hunting Florida for sure and if things do not get too stupid with this virus bullshit will be flying and hunting Pa. Its freaking crazy first time i seen it in 30 years being there shutting everything down at disney but still haft to work was hoping for some paid free time for turkey season but not looking like that will happen. Good luck everyone and lets have some fun and be safe.

They shut down all bars and restaurants after 5 in MD yesterday, carry out only. I think it's only going to get worse. You work at Disney?

Offline JL_Longbeard

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2020, 10:09:00 AM »

They shut down all bars and restaurants after 5 in MD yesterday, carry out only. I think it's only going to get worse. You work at Disney?

I am supposed to go to NM April 21, but that trip is in doubt now. I'm just praying they don't shutdown the interstates...

Offline BigGobbler

• BigGobblerCalls
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2020, 10:44:44 AM »

Yes for the utilities/Water

Offline Gooserbat

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Achondroplasiaphobia is real.
    • Gooserbat Game Calls
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2020, 01:03:36 AM »
If you have been on the fourm very long, you know I'm the guy who can't type with out typos.  I occasionally shoot a jake but mostly mature gobblers.  I also make cluckers, mouth yelpers, and sctatchers.  Oh yeah I'm getting old, got a bumb knee, sore back, busted up hands, and I need to lose weight.  I'm glad I'm in such a shape as it gives the turkeys a more fair advantage. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Offline Roughneck

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2020, 07:58:55 PM »
Guess I’m pretty late to the party actually really late lol.. But I’m Neal I’m 40 just got laid off about 3 weeks ago . Been on the team awhile. Look forward to another season. Hope everyone has a good one.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2020, 01:49:51 PM »
Glad your back Neal. No February trip to Texas this year? I think that's when you went before if I remember right.

Offline Roughneck

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2020, 05:54:57 AM »
No February trip this year