OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: The 500 club and other bragging benchmarks.  (Read 885 times)

Offline reflexl

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
The 500 club and other bragging benchmarks.
« on: March 05, 2020, 08:19:31 PM »
As has been mentioned in the past the mark of a good team is to break 500 with your 9 countable birds. It's harder than it sounds. There were teams that never broke 300. 500 is an average of 55.56 points per bird. It actually takes a decent bird to score  that much. A couple of the other team captains and I jokingly started calling it the 500 club.

Aside from the 500 club honor it is a neat thing to keep up with big birds. I started a thread one year of top ten big birds. I think everyone had fun with it. I think there was always one or two from our team on the top 10 board. Anything that makes it a little more fun is worth it.

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

Re: The 500 club and other bragging benchmarks.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 09:44:58 PM »
As has been mentioned in the past the mark of a good team is to break 500 with your 9 countable birds. It's harder than it sounds. There were teams that never broke 300. 500 is an average of 55.56 points per bird. It actually takes a decent bird to score  that much. A couple of the other team captains and I jokingly started calling it the 500 club.

Aside from the 500 club honor it is a neat thing to keep up with big birds. I started a thread one year of top ten big birds. I think everyone had fun with it. I think there was always one or two from our team on the top 10 board. Anything that makes it a little more fun is worth it.
Oh definitely, I'd love for us to hit that mark. Be a good challenge for us

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline timberjack86

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 10:57:02 PM »
I feel like we can do it easy with all the killers in here.

Offline ThunderChickenHunter21

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 12:21:13 AM »
I went to the farm this morning, scratching everywhere and heard a few gobbles, 21 degrees and all

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline StruttinGobbler3

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Georgia
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 06:59:49 PM »
I got an up close look at two gobblers in one of my fields last week that I believe would break that 50 mark for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion