OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
Introductions
« on: March 05, 2020, 05:02:22 PM »
Saw whereas one of the other teams did this and thought it might be a good idea.

My name is Al Stephens from Rochester, NY. I'm 75 yrs. old next month and started turkey hunting the spring of 1976 in PA., so this will be my 45th year. Previously I was on the Trumpet Thumpers team which has gone by the wayside.

I've hunted NY, PA, FL, NM, KS, MO, WV and OK. This year I'll just be hunting NY and PA.

Also, this year I'm hoping to call in a bird for my grandson again...he got his first bird year before last (attached). Like a lot of kids these days his schedule is full with soccer, rugby and such so times out may be challenging.

Oops...forgot SD re:hunted states.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 03:56:58 PM by Turkeyman »

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 06:28:24 PM »
I hope I am still chasing turkeys at 75.

My name is John I am a Christian, been married for soon to be 29 years, I have worked for the Postal Service for 33 years. I have 3 kids all in there 20s, 1 is married: no grandkids yet.
I started turkey hunting 8 years ago, I have deer hunted since I was a teenager, just never got introduced to Spring Turkey hunting.

I live in Florida and hunt public land Osceola's. 

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 08:46:58 AM »
Me too!! My name is Jeff from the Ozarks of Missouri. I'm 50 years old and a  welding instructor at a career center. Been teaching for 19 years now. I deer hunt but turkeys are my addiction. I'm married to a turkey hunting gal that loves it as much as I do. We raise a 13 year old granddaughter and they year she graduates is the year I retire from education. I mainly hunt the hills and hollers close to 11 point river. We do have some private farms we hunt over in Howell county. Id done the contest for a couple years before the strut stoppers got started. Or captain went MIA and I got elected to try my hand at it, lol. I suck on a computer but with the help of everyone we've managed to keep the ball rolling.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
 Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Offline aclawrence

• Longbeard
Introductions
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 07:30:33 PM »
Andrew Lawrence here. I’m 37 and live in the NW corner of Alabama. I’m the worship pastor at my church, married and have a 9yr old girl and two boys who are 6 and 2.  I can’t wait til turkey season starts.  I had an amazing start last year and killed two birds on my first two trips and then proceeded to get skunked the rest of the season. Let’s go strut stoppers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline birdman67

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 07:48:38 PM »
I’m Tandy from North Mississippi. I’m 40 years old, been married 13 years, and have a 8 year old little girl. I am a math teacher and spend a lot of time with my church and family. Been hunting turkeys about 20 years. I grew up hunting deer and still love to bow hunt. But once I heard that first gobble, I’ve been chasing longbeards ever since. I mainly hunt the hills of Mississippi but have went out of state several times. I thank God for making such a beautiful creature for us to pursue. Each hunt is special and creates another memory that we are all blessed to be a part of. Counting down to opening morning, let’s have some fun guys......
Loving God's Creation!

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 02:40:26 AM »
Im Daniel. 30 years old. From SW Mississippi. Married for 3 years, child on the way. Going into my 8th year working as an operator at a nuclear plant. Ive been turkey hunting since I was old enough for my dad to take me "10" years old. I didn't get to turkey hunt the 4 years I was in the navy, but have been going hard at it for the last 8 years. Been working on a u.s. super slam slowly but surely. I hunt a private club, but reserve some of my limit for public as well. Not prejudice one way or the other, I take em where I can get him. I try to hunt public on my out of state hunts when I can help it. Turkey hunting is my main gig. I love it. I deer hunt as well, and thoroughly enjoy it, but id trade a deer for a turkey any day of the week. Getting to turkey hunt is a blessing, it was a passed on tradition to me, and I have the upmost respect for a wild gobbler because I was taught to, you wont see me disrespecting a harvest in anyway, I treat every bird like it was my last. This is my 5th year as a strut stopper! and I plan to be here as long as there is still a strut stopper team.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Offline MDTOM84

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
My name is TJ and I'm from Southern Maryland. I'm 35 years old, married with 3 little boys (9,6&22 months). I started turkey hunting when I was 15 and I have always liked turkey hunting but waterfowl was my love up until about 8 years ago when something happened and now all I think about is turkey hunting. I used to take a week of vacation for duck season but now I save my vacation for turkey season and look forward to that week more than anything. I have a pretty good size turkey call collection with over a 100 calls. We start here in Maryland on April 18 and I can promise you that I can't wait!!! Good luck this season everyone and let's put some numbers on the board!! ????

Offline wvhoyt19

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2020, 07:21:40 AM »
Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I’m from the beautiful state of WV. I’m 45 yr old Christian,blessed with a wonderful wife and 2 handsome young men! I’ve loved the outdoors since I was a lil fella but never got into turkey hunting until about 15 yr ago. I’ve always loved spring but now more than ever because of chasing these gobblers!!

God. Family. Outdoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk