OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Papa

Coronavirus
« on: March 05, 2020, 04:55:09 PM »
We as Christians need to be praying for our country and all the other countries afflicted with this terrible disease. We need to be praying to our Dear Lord and Savior to give the scientist that are working on this disease the knowledge to find a cure and a vaccination for this disease.

Offline Here turkey turkey turkey

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 08:12:13 PM »
We as Christians need to be praying for our country and all the other countries afflicted with this terrible disease. We need to be praying to our Dear Lord and Savior to give the scientist that are working on this disease the knowledge to find a cure and a vaccination for this disease.

X2
To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 07:17:04 PM »
Been praying for days and have faith in God that our prayers will be answered. Keep your eyes upon Him!!!

Offline Old Timer

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 09:23:32 AM »
I have to open up. As a believer when I was raising a family I tried my best to live up to it. Work worries, family we have a lot on our plate. As I have aged I always take time for morning and evening prayer a time alone with our Lord this has helped me draw closer to Him. Church is cancelled as of now and we have it online I pray that dont last long. But I find myself taking time with my Lord more often. Just a thought God bless you all.
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near unto you.

Offline Chuck1443

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 09:46:08 AM »
I have to open up. As a believer when I was raising a family I tried my best to live up to it. Work worries, family we have a lot on our plate. As I have aged I always take time for morning and evening prayer a time alone with our Lord this has helped me draw closer to Him. Church is cancelled as of now and we have it online I pray that dont last long. But I find myself taking time with my Lord more often. Just a thought God bless you all.
Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[ulr=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url][=https://flic.kr/p/2eAvvmY][/url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/157301774@N04/][/url]

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 11:15:35 AM »
I envy you, praying is one I have always had a hard time with.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline 310 gauge

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 12:49:58 PM »
Believe me Brother, prayer is easier than you think. God already knows our thoughts so talking to Him is like talking to a best friend. I find that talking to Him right out loud helps me to dismiss interference from the outside world and the distractions they present. I know we spend a lot of our time in turkey addiction, but let's not forget to give God His due also. We spend every chance we get outdoors pursuing His creation and that presents wonderful opportunities to simply thank Him for even the simple  things in life; the things we take most for granted. A lot of beautiful sunrises are spent waiting for that call that we covet, but God will be calling us one day also. It's totally up to us to answer to Him in a way showing our  worth as a "keeper" or a "cull". We have our many "wants" but believe me He knows our every "needs". And believe me we need Him every hour! Have Faith Brother and simply talk to God! He's waiting for your call!!!

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 01:09:12 PM »
Believe me Brother, prayer is easier than you think. God already knows our thoughts so talking to Him is like talking to a best friend. I find that talking to Him right out loud helps me to dismiss interference from the outside world and the distractions they present. I know we spend a lot of our time in turkey addiction, but let's not forget to give God His due also. We spend every chance we get outdoors pursuing His creation and that presents wonderful opportunities to simply thank Him for even the simple  things in life; the things we take most for granted. A lot of beautiful sunrises are spent waiting for that call that we covet, but God will be calling us one day also. It's totally up to us to answer to Him in a way showing our  worth as a "keeper" or a "cull". We have our many "wants" but believe me He knows our every "needs". And believe me we need Him every hour! Have Faith Brother and simply talk to God! He's waiting for your call!!!
Very well written.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline Hoot 000

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 12:01:17 PM »
Been praying about this disease among other things ,could be a wake up call to the world!