OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good read on 870s and some patterning

Started by Jc69, April 06, 2022, 09:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jc69

I read this yesterday and it was a pretty good article for 870 lovers and on patterning them, if I can post the link here.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/remington-870-best-turkey-shotgun/

Ches.

Nice read, only wish he would have touched more on lead loads and different chokes.

greentrout

Thanks for sharing. My trusty 870 20 youth model turns 24 later this month. I have come full circle to accepting just how well it shoots.

I will also say I would love a follow up on chokes, etc.
Looking to buy Allen Dunfee scratch boxes.

DMTJAGER

Great thanks very good red. I actually printed it out.
I own no less than four 870's. One 2.75" Wingmaster my dedicated upland gun, One 3" Wingmaster my rigged and dedicated HD gun and two 3.5" ESM both dedicated turkey guns.

I can 100% honestly say I've fired countless many 10's of thousands of rounds through them and only had one single problem with my 870's. Was with my first 870 Express Super mag. The lever you depress to remove the forearm and along with it the bolt assembly started intermittently not working. I took it back to the Gander Mtn where I bought it. They shipped it back to Remington for free. A few weeks later GM called said come get your 870. It was an entirely new gun FOR FREE. Now THATS customer service.

Both the 2.75" and 3" 870's get regular use for range and trap fun by my boys and I and never yet gave me a single issue.

I have a safe FULL of guns suitable for HD but if God forbid the need to defended my family and my castle should ever arise I'm reaching for my trusted 21" 870 Wingmaster and may god have mercy on my attackers as my 870 won't. This 870 Wingmaster was made back in the mid 1980s has digested well over a 500 foster slugs and 10s of 1000s of heavy upland game and light trap loads and granted it has always been well maintained it has run absolutely flawlessly and is why I would trust it to defend the lives of my family.

Been shooting 4 different 870's for over 40 years now and have been 100% happy and 99% trouble free.
Can not ask anymore of any firearm than that. 999/1000 woman can not match that track record.