OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: New Build Browning Cynergy Ultimate Turkey 12 Gauge  (Read 3448 times)

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
Re: New Build Browning Cynergy Ultimate Turkey 12 Gauge
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 01:32:56 PM »
I can see that happening, that’s why I use 2 tight chokes, either one is deadly to a comfortable 35-45 yards... I use Long beard 6 s in upper, and Long beard 5s in the lower barrel. Good combo... thx be safe.
“Solo hunter”

Offline JGleason

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 03:18:10 PM »
Browning just received my recently purchased 24" Cynergy Ultimate Turkey back at their service division after sighting it in dead-on at 40 yards with #9TSS with the bottom barrle, the top barrel would shoot ~18" high versus POA.  Tried several different shell brands, shot sizes, shot types, chokes, etc all to have similar if not identical results.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 03:37:07 PM by JGleason »

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 06:11:39 PM »
Wow, there is a higher POA with the upper barrel, but not that much. I have the Browning Full Strut 640 Choke in the upper, and a Rob Roberts 660 in the lower barrel. My lower barrel is sighted in right on the round red waddle, and it is dead on. My upper barrel shoots just 2 inches high if I aim at the red wattle. I hold it just a touch low, where the feathers meet the neck on the upper barrel. It works, easy to remember. I shoot 3.5 #6 Magnum Long beards in the upper, and 3.5 inch #5 Long Beards in the lower. I will try and post my patterns. Shot today.
“Solo hunter”

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 06:21:46 PM »
Here is the results of my shooting today. 50 degrees, no wind. Upper, and lower barrel. Not a huge difference in the 2 barrels. Hope you have success, Browning stands behind their products. Be safe, be well.
“Solo hunter”

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2020, 06:24:36 PM »
The left target is the #6 Long beard 3.5 inch Magnum. 1050 FPS, 2 1/8 oz shot. Lower barrel is 3.5 inch #5 Long Beard Magnum !050 FPS, 2 1/8 oz shot. Good luck.
“Solo hunter”

Offline JGleason

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 11:31:18 AM »
Just thought I would update this thread since I finally got word back from browning.  I have copied and pasted their reply.  Not good news in regards to getting the gun back corrected (I really wanted this gun), but good news that Browning is willing to accept that the performance is not what was intended and they are willing to make me whole again.

"We have completed our evaluation on your Browning Cynergy Ultimate Turkey shotgun. Our testing indicated that the Point of Impact was not within an acceptable range. Unfortunately, we do not have replacement barrels or guns available. Production is very limited on this model and we do not have any due in the near future. We have the option of refunding you for the purchase of this gun or possibly replacing the gun with a different model in the same price range. When offering replacements, we use MSRP. If you need to acquire a gun for turkey season and would like to pursue the refund, please forward a copy of the sales receipt. We will refund you for the purchase price of the gun and applicable sales tax."

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 11:55:25 AM »
Wow, sorry to hear that. I got lucky, mine is pretty close on POI. At least you have choices, good luck and thanks for the info.....be well, let us know what you get next. Be safe....
“Solo hunter”

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2020, 07:32:44 AM »
The good news is that they will give you MSRP. That gun is well over 2000 bucks. That takes the sting off hopefully. Good luck.....
“Solo hunter”