OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Build Browning Cynergy Ultimate Turkey 12 Gauge

Started by Tom007, March 04, 2020, 08:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom007

Took my 28 inch Browning Cynergy and built a 28 inch version of the Browning Ultimate Turkey gun. I had a gunsmith drill and tap a 4 inch Picattiny rail on the receiver. I put a Rob Roberts 660 choke in the lower barrel. I put a Browning Full Strut 640 in the upper barrel. This gun patterns fantastic. I shoot 3.5 inch #6 Long Beards through the upper barrel. I shoot 3.5 inch #6 through the lower barrel. Top barrel is super tight, lower barrel a bit more open, but very even pattern. It was cost effective to set up my own version of the ultimate Turkey. Even though it has 28 inch tubes, the gun is one inch shorter than my Super Black Eagle Steady grip Turkey gun that has a 24 inch barrel. The gun is balanced, weighs 7.5 pounds, and kicks less than my Benelli. I put a Nikon Spur Red Dot on it. It is now my go to turkey killer. Be safe.
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Thanks my friend. Be safe, good luck this spring...... :turkey2:
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Helpful info for anybody that likes the Browning Ultimate Turkey. It is pricey, around 2000 bucks. The gun itself is a Cynergy 3.5 inch. The only difference is the Picattiny rail, and peep type sight they install. If you want a red dot or other optic on your gun, you don't need the peep. My Cynergy cost 1500 when it first came out. May be up a bit know. The Picattiny rail I installed is a bit bigger than the factory one. Allows for more eye relief with your optic. I used a good gunsmith, he said there is plenty of metal where he installed the rail. All in, I had 60 dollars in the rail with installation. You end up with the Ultimate turkey gun, saving several hundred dollars. I even purchase the spreader choke from Browning for the upper barrel, (close shots) I do however prefer having my choke set up, thus I have 2 tight shooting chokes. Be safe.....
"Solo hunter"

iliketurkey

great post, I  personally have seen this gun shoot any it is everything that you say it is and I think that you have done a great job of building a perfect turkey gun that any one would be proud of. :)

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

RED NECK

Very nice gun.I have thought about the Browning o/u turkey gun a few times over the last few years.It is such a nice looking shotgun.Enjoy.Good luck this spring.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tom007

Thank you. It is a fantastic gun. Whether you build your own, or buy the finished product, it is really advanced right off the shelf with its lengthened forcing cone, back bored barrel, vortex  technology, and the adjustable comb gets you right on the optic you choose. I love it, be safe and good luck to you too.
"Solo hunter"

owlhoot

Looks like one mean turkey killin machine. very nice

Ross R

Looks great! They are killers. My shoots one currently and he has taken a few birds with it. He had it dipped in obsession.

SOCOM304

Awesome setup. It's cool to see an O/U on here dedicated as a turkey gun. I hope you have a great 2020 spring gobbler season!

Tom007

Thank you. I wish you success this spring, be safe, and bag some big guys......
"Solo hunter"

Jroddc

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Ross R

One thing my buddy does with this gun, is he always seems to shoot the wrong barrel lol.