OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

DELIBERATELY

Started by sbbow, March 16, 2020, 07:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbbow

Some of you all say that I am coping Del. Well this is what it looks like when I copy Del.

I choose to do mine out of paracord BECAUSE  Del does his out of braided leather. Anyone can see there is a difference or at least I think so.

Del has a BIG following there's no disagreeing with that. I caught a lot of slack through PM's an Messenger on FB for what because I decided to make lanyards too.

If I did choose to sell these I'll tell you what they wouldn't be much more than my PARACORD LANYARDS.  My fingers sure would like it that's for sure. Takes me a little over an hour to do a full lanyard in paracord. Any guesses on what it took me to these 2?

You have something to say to me here my number don't hide behind the key board.
314-277-1485

Steve's Custom Lanyards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Steve , I have 2 of your lanyard and am very pleased with them. It really gets me when some says you are copying someone elses products. No one has a patent on any knots and braids as far as I know. It gets me when people copy other folks calls. I get that and I think thats pretty sorry but a lanyard?? Come on man. That is crazy. You keep doing you and if someone is offended by you making them , tell them to go pound sand. I am sure at some point and time that someone made lanyards with the same braids and knots that you and everyone else tied. Keep making those nice lanyards. People are free to buy from someone else if they choose to. You are not putting a gun to no ones head. It just blows my mind about how some people whine about anything and everything. It has to be a miserable existence going through life like that. I will add that I also have 2 of Dels lanyards. They are just as nice and I like them too. Some folks like leather , some like paracord and some dont care either way. I buy what I feel like buying from whom I feel like buying from. Steve and Del both make nice lanyards and I will continue to use both. If someone else makes some and I like them , I will buy from them too. Now if I find out someone has taken a pot call apart and taken measurements off it and starts making a pot call , I would not buy a call from them if they were the last callmaker alive. This is my personal opinion on the matter.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

sbbow

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 17, 2020, 10:35:33 PM
Steve , I have 2 of your lanyard and am very pleased with them. It really gets me when some says you are copying someone elses products. No one has a patent on any knots and braids as far as I know. It gets me when people copy other folks calls. I get that and I think thats pretty sorry but a lanyard?? Come on man. That is crazy. You keep doing you and if someone is offended by you making them , tell them to go pound sand. I am sure at some point and time that someone made lanyards with the same braids and knots that you and everyone else tied. Keep making those nice lanyards. People are free to buy from someone else if they choose to. You are not putting a gun to no ones head. It just blows my mind about how some people whine about anything and everything. It has to be a miserable existence going through life like that. I will add that I also have 2 of Dels lanyards. They are just as nice and I like them too. Some folks like leather , some like paracord and some dont care either way. I buy what I feel like buying from whom I feel like buying from. Steve and Del both make nice lanyards and I will continue to use both. If someone else makes some and I like them , I will buy from them too. Now if I find out someone has taken a pot call apart and taken measurements off it and starts making a pot call , I would not buy a call from them if they were the last callmaker alive. This is my personal opinion on the matter.
Thanks Jody!

BigSlam51

Love your handmade lanyards, Steve . And my coyote tote, caller sling, remote lanyard lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

davisd9

There are not many patents on pot calls either, that I know of, yet it is offensive if someone copies a pot but not a lanyard.  Why is that?  If a guy takes the time to build a product in his own way then why is one thing insignificant but the other is not?  That does not make a lot of sense to me. 

Let's take a moment here and say that the knot was not copied, that was Del's original beef in the whole situation.  Let's say for a moment he made his lanyard and then saw one of Del's and was like, "Dang, those knots looks alike and the lanyards look similar but I know mine is different so I will go with it."  Then after Del saying he felt he was copied, whether he was or not, to come and put out another function of how one of Del's looks, the Buice double drop, just seems to be looking for an issue. 

I have been on this forum since 2011.  Anyone can go back through my posts and see how much whining I have done.  For such a miserable existence and whining I do, some have PMed me for my opinion/help on things such as TSS, reloading TSS, and trumpets.  I am such a miserable and whiner that I have close relationships with multiple people from this forum in which we message every day and I talk to many of them more than anyone in the town I live in. 

You want to know how this whole little hissy fit of his started?  I will tell you where it started.  I got some lanyards from Del last week and made post of Facebook about it.  I put in the post, "Maybe imitated, but never replicated; only the very best will do!"  Guess what, Steve Bryan and his lanyards were the last thing on my mind when I made that post but guess who jumped to conclusions with his 7 buddies?  Guess who also did not have the gal to contact me about the situation but rather made passive aggressive posts on Facebook and then brought it here where it had nothing to do with anything here on Old Gobbler.  I came here to make the same exact post and saw his thread and then Steve Bryan and his lanyards came to my mind.  I said, well I can see how that could cause a stir here and I do not want to cause a stir on this page so I did not add that  to my post.  Guess who came to Old Gobbler and made a stink about it anyway?

I had to contact him to talk about the situation.  He never once tried contacting me.  There were several ways he could contact me, here, Facebook, heck if he does not erase texts he would have my number about a Buice call we discussed a while back.  I do not take well to people jumping to conclusions about me or things I have said or to go on like rants in a passive aggressive manner.  If you got issue with me, then take it out with me.

Go through his thread and see where I ever said anything to him.  Heck ask him to produce a PM or something I sent him on the situation.  The only thing you will find is our Messenger conversation that started over his passive aggressive rants and these little threads he is making on here.  Let me know if anyone want's to see any of the posts or messenger conversation I am speaking about as I will be glad to post it.

Also, Del asked me last night to not say anything else over the situation, so I will respect those wishes.  If anyone wants to talk with me about it then feel free to send a PM and I will be glad to talk anyway you would like to talk.

Still unblasted!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

sbbow

Quote from: davisd9 on March 18, 2020, 07:26:24 AM
There are not many patents on pot calls either, that I know of, yet it is offensive if someone copies a pot but not a lanyard.  Why is that?  If a guy takes the time to build a product in his own way then why is one thing insignificant but the other is not?  That does not make a lot of sense to me. 

Let's take a moment here and say that the knot was not copied, that was Del's original beef in the whole situation.  Let's say for a moment he made his lanyard and then saw one of Del's and was like, "Dang, those knots looks alike and the lanyards look similar but I know mine is different so I will go with it."  Then after Del saying he felt he was copied, whether he was or not, to come and put out another function of how one of Del's looks, the Buice double drop, just seems to be looking for an issue. 

I have been on this forum since 2011.  Anyone can go back through my posts and see how much whining I have done.  For such a miserable existence and whining I do, some have PMed me for my opinion/help on things such as TSS, reloading TSS, and trumpets.  I am such a miserable and whiner that I have close relationships with multiple people from this forum in which we message every day and I talk to many of them more than anyone in the town I live in. 

You want to know how this whole little hissy fit of his started?  I will tell you where it started.  I got some lanyards from Del last week and made post of Facebook about it.  I put in the post, "Maybe imitated, but never replicated; only the very best will do!"  Guess what, Steve Bryan and his lanyards were the last thing on my mind when I made that post but guess who jumped to conclusions with his 7 buddies?  Guess who also did not have the gal to contact me about the situation but rather made passive aggressive posts on Facebook and then brought it here where it had nothing to do with anything here on Old Gobbler.  I came here to make the same exact post and saw his thread and then Steve Bryan and his lanyards came to my mind.  I said, well I can see how that could cause a stir here and I do not want to cause a stir on this page so I did not add that  to my post.  Guess who came to Old Gobbler and made a stink about it anyway?

I had to contact him to talk about the situation.  He never once tried contacting me.  There were several ways he could contact me, here, Facebook, heck if he does not erase texts he would have my number about a Buice call we discussed a while back.  I do not take well to people jumping to conclusions about me or things I have said or to go on like rants in a passive aggressive manner.  If you got issue with me, then take it out with me.

Go through his thread and see where I ever said anything to him.  Heck ask him to produce a PM or something I sent him on the situation.  The only thing you will find is our Messenger conversation that started over his passive aggressive rants and these little threads he is making on here.  Let me know if anyone want's to see any of the posts or messenger conversation I am speaking about as I will be glad to post it.

Also, Del asked me last night to not say anything else over the situation, so I will respect those wishes.  If anyone wants to talk with me about it then feel free to send a PM and I will be glad to talk anyway you would like to talk.

Still unblasted!
Post away bud cause from you there is NOTHING FROM YOU ! There who's jumping to conclusions now. I said I had been catching slack from the beginning an tired of it. I think that's what I said. You  said you wanted to to see drops an knots of other lanyards with the same things an I provided then yes?

Steve Bryan

eggshell

Haven't we seen enough private quarrels in a public forum....really, we're arguing about lanyards when the world is in the middle of a medical/economic crisis! It's not even an essential piece of equipment in turkey hunting, things get copied in the business world all the time. It's actually a compliment if someone does, if your fear is someone getting market share from you then you have to amp up marketing or loose. Me personally, I'll cut a piece of string and tie a knot in it. I just don't see this as something to bring into our public forum community. Let's worry about staying healthy enough to enjoy our sport, at least for the next couple months.

sbbow

Quote from: BigSlam51 on March 18, 2020, 07:13:46 AM
Love your handmade lanyards, Steve . And my coyote tote, caller sling, remote lanyard lol

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thanks Chad!

davisd9

Quote from: sbbow on March 18, 2020, 07:37:25 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on March 18, 2020, 07:26:24 AM

Still unblasted!
Post away bud cause from you there is NOTHING FROM YOU ! There who's jumping to conclusions now. I said I had been catching slack from the beginning an tired of it. I think that's what I said. You  said you wanted to to see drops an knots of other lanyards with the same things an I provided then yes?

Steve Bryan

Yet you never received any slack from me, you just jumped to the conclusion that my post had anything to do with you. Heck, all that crap was a year or so ago. We have had no history for me to be speaking of you in any sort of way.  Still does not make sense why it was brought here or has continued to be added to here regardless. All of this should have taken place on the original platform.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

sbbow

Quote from: eggshell on March 18, 2020, 07:42:56 AM
Haven't we seen enough private quarrels in a public forum....really, we're arguing about lanyards when the world is in the middle of a medical/economic crisis! It's not even an essential piece of equipment in turkey hunting, things get copied in the business world all the time. It's actually a compliment if someone does, if your fear is someone getting market share from you then you have to amp up marketing or loose. Me personally, I'll cut a piece of string and tie a knot in it. I just don't see this as something to bring into our public forum community. Let's worry about staying healthy enough to enjoy our sport, at least for the next couple months.
You are right!

Sir-diealot

This greatly reminds me of two of my friends that argued over Boondoggles when I was young. 1 started to make them with a yarn like material and the other friend started to make with with the leather thread you used to use to sew Tandy leather kits together with. Number 1 thought he was being wronged, number 2 though he had taken it to another level because he use leather sewing thread or whatever you call the stuff and he used multiple colors.

Thing is neither one invented the idea so why was either so blown out of shape? Ended up with a friendship ruined and kids as they do having to choose which friend to hand around with now and friends that went with the group that went with maker 1 arguing with people that went with maker 2 and vise versa.

Do ya'll not see how what you are doing is just like a couple of kids making Boondoggles? Please, just let it end.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

davisd9

How about those not involved in the situation or understand what the issue really is,  just stay out of it and let the thread die?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: davisd9 on March 18, 2020, 11:43:04 AM
How about those not involved in the situation or understand what the issue really is,  just stay out of it and let the thread die?
lol
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."