OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I’m hooked

Started by tk26, March 03, 2020, 05:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tk26

A friend of mine introduced me to trumpets a while back, and I have really enjoyed playing them.  I decided to make some cane yelpers and after messing around on them for a while I was hooked. Had the opportunity a few weeks ago to pick up a Buice that is awesome. Then I got lucky in a silent auction and picked up Gwaltney's new trumpet this past weekend. Can't wait to hit the woods with this trio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

They can be quite addicting. Your buddy is a good guy. Good luck this spring!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Gobbler428

Great friend, nice trumpets, they will multiply!

beardhunter87

All of those are good yelpers. Gregg's i have 2 of and love them. Same i ahve Buice his are of  Course amazing. Practice practice I look back last year thinkin I sounded good, Even though I got great results in the woods, I've made leaps on sounding better and more like a real hen . Due to practicing ALOT and recording myself. Welcome to an addicting hobby :drool:

Terry

Welcome to the honeymoon!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Nice looking calls, they can be a lot of fun but you have to put your time in. Well worth it though.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

Really enjoy my trumpets, always have one with me in my Glenda Green satchel.

Chris O

Congrats and by the way that's a nice looking cane yelper

EZ

What will really hook you is when you strike a gobbler with one on a day when nothing else was working.

crow

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 03, 2020, 10:54:46 PM
Really enjoy my trumpets, always have one with me in my Glenda Green satchel.

In a satchel, whats it doing in a satchel while your hunting?
thats like saying your ready to eat a bacon sammich but you still have a pig in a poke.  :TooFunny: