OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Favorite Mouth Calls?  (Read 7536 times)

Offline k4brannon

Re: Favorite Mouth Calls?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 08:50:07 AM »
 Sadler Mcgraw Champions Choice is as close to a custom mouth call as you can get. He got me mine in under a week built em just like a wanted and they’re all Turkey. Hit him up.

Offline MJW

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 07:24:58 PM »
Sadler mcgraw ghost cut. Great calls and quick delivery

Online Yoder409

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
  • Turkeys are ignorant.
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 08:03:33 PM »
I don't want to distract from the thread topic, but I do want to try to help out with advice here.  Every call maker mentioned makes great calls. Although I make my own calls, I have used many of their calls in the past. Here's the point I want to make in an attempt to help out those guys that are still searching for the right call(s):

First point:  what works for others will not necessarily work for you.
Second point:  You can find one specific call that works great for you,...and then buy the same call again and find it does not sound the same.
Final point:  Learn to take the calls you have that don't quite sound right to you and make minor adjustments to them to find that sound you want to have.  You will be surprised how often you can do that.

Good post !!

Except for the second point IF you're running Gooserbat diaphragms...……..  EVERY one I've ever gotten has sounded EXACTLY like the others of the same design.  Sam's consistency is par excellence !!!

That being said...….. Gooserbat Heckler !!!!  Pure death !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Offline Snood Life

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 09:40:40 PM »
Gooserbat Hillbilly.

Offline gdc23

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 05:07:34 PM »
How does Sadler McGraws TrashTalker compare to Hooks Executioner II, anyone have opinions on these calls ?

Offline kdsberman

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 12:43:22 AM »
My 2 favorite mouth calls are the Hooks Executioner II and Heartthrob.

My 2 favorite pot calls are the Supreme Turkey Calls "Strut Buster" and the Lohman Thunderdome

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 01:06:52 AM »
My experience over 30 years is most brands are not consistent. I like Woodhaven as they have been more consistent than most. If I don’t get the sound I want out of one it goes in the trash. With that said I have tried a few from Hooks and Gooserbat that met my expectations. One that has surprised me this year was from Del Crow. He comped me one when I ordered a lanyard. I was impressed so I have several more on order. He goes by savduck on this forum. From talking to him I can tell he’s a country boy that loves turkey hunting and time in the woods like me. I’m sure other makers do as well but that doesn’t always ensure they are hands on with their calls. That means a lot to me. I want to know the call I’m using is no different than the guy who sold it is using.

Offline Buckrub

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 08:38:16 AM »
 My absolute favorite is a Quaker Boy Triple Pro.  I also like the Woodhaven's, but, I mostly use a diaphragm to finish after initiating with a pot.

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 09:09:15 AM »
Billy Martin (perrytrails) makes as good of a cutter as I have ever run. Crisp and tight and they stay that way.

Online crow

• Double Beard
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 10:15:02 AM »
Denny Gulves Masters choice
Saddler Mcgraw ghost cut

consistent great sounding calls.

Offline maxbo36

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2020, 09:44:38 PM »
Top Calls Sutliff Wing and Heartbreaker.  Both calls incorporate Proph and they have a smaller tape cut that really seals in my mouth. Sound great!

Offline WildTigerTrout

• Longbeard
  • "Big Woods" NC Pennsylvania Public Land Boss
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2020, 11:16:00 PM »
Old Favorites.

Primos- True Double
Primos- True Triple
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Offline tlh2865

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2020, 04:54:10 PM »
I spent a lot of money on mouth calls trying to figure out which one(s) I liked the sound of best and were the easiest to play. Hooks Executioner II is my hands down favorite of any I have ever run.

Offline RiverRoost

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2020, 11:25:43 PM »
Woodhaven red wasp and Copperhead are straight killers

Offline dgdukefan

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2020, 09:34:37 PM »
Gooserbat
Hooks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk