turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite Mouth Calls?

Started by huntineveryday, March 01, 2020, 04:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huntineveryday

So I started with whatever calls I could find at Walmart, Primos, Hunters Specialties, etc., then tried a couple Woodhaven calls. I like the Woodhavens and they have worked well, but I want to try some mouth calls from other custom makers as well and was wondering where to get some. So, I'll ask here...

List your favorite 2 mouthcalls, by maker and model.

Will

Mountain Hollow Game Calls - Drama Queen
Tipton Creek Turkey Calls- T C Special

turkeymanjim

Zink calls
1 Matt Morrett signature seiries.
2 Josh Grossenbacher signature series.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Brwndg

Quote from: turkeymanjim on March 01, 2020, 04:48:14 PM
Zink calls
1 Matt Morrett signature seiries.
2 Josh Grossenbacher signature series.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Second the Zinks:
Wicked Lady
Raspy Sister
Little Sister

But picked up Woodhaven's Toxic Orange Ghost last year and really like that one.
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

bbcoach

Give Scott Hooks (Hooks Custom Calls) and Sadler McGraw a try.
Hooks---Executioner and Executioner 2
Sadler--Judge and Jury and Trashtalker

I'm a Split V and Ghost Cut guy

Tom Dooley

David Halloran She Devil
American strutter Viscous

Txag12

Hooks-executioner 2, heart throb, and player

Woodhaven-the maroon scott Ellis signature

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

etapia

Last year the folks here pointed me towards Hooks calls. I've been very pleased with them. Great assortment of calls for all levels of experience IMO.

huntineveryday

Thanks for the replies so far! There's a few I hadn't heard of before

Jbird22

Hooks (Executioner 2, Heatthrob, Duplicator) and Houndstooth (Dixie Combo 3) are what I'd buy if I didn't make my own now.

GobbleNut

I don't want to distract from the thread topic, but I do want to try to help out with advice here.  Every call maker mentioned makes great calls. Although I make my own calls, I have used many of their calls in the past. Here's the point I want to make in an attempt to help out those guys that are still searching for the right call(s):

First point:  what works for others will not necessarily work for you.
Second point:  You can find one specific call that works great for you,...and then buy the same call again and find it does not sound the same.
Final point:  Learn to take the calls you have that don't quite sound right to you and make minor adjustments to them to find that sound you want to have.  You will be surprised how often you can do that. 

Techn9cian02

Hooks player and heartthrob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LegendHunter

What are yalls thoughts on Power Calls?

- Hunter's Wholesale

rakkin6

I like Hooks, Houndstooth, Woodhaven and Halloran. I know a lot of people love Gooserbat also but it is just the way they fit in my mouth due to them being a little longer and not has wide. That is the key I think is the fit is what you need to look for. Took a lot of trial and error for me.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER