OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Eastern shore of Maryland  (Read 2543 times)

Online JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Eastern shore of Maryland
« on: March 01, 2020, 07:13:09 AM »
Heard 2 roost gobbles this morning at 6:12 , light wind out of the east, 23 degrees,  30.18 pressure rising. First gobbles I've heard this year. Still in winter pattern here, weather is supposed to get warm this week.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline Will

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: Eastern shore of Maryland
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 04:30:08 PM »
Sweet. Thanks for posting. I was in Dorchester last Thursday trimming lanes and didn’t hear anything. Of course it was very windy but I was listening for awhile.

Online JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 08:14:35 AM »
Its ramping up!! heard 5 different Toms this morning, 1 may have been a jake. 6:17am, 43 deg. wind WSW 10, dominate bird was separated to the south of the rest, gobbled every 2 to 3 min. Only able to listen for a few mins, went back out around 6:40, after fly down time? didn't hear any more..getting closer..

Offline EKavanagh

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 10:30:22 AM »
I know its not the shore, but heard one gobble yesterday and two this morning starting at 6:43.

Montgomery County

Online JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 07:27:31 PM »
Birds have been quiet,  but I think I heard the reason,  think I heard coyote yesterday morning in fog. Wacky weather here also. 80 degrees Sat. 50s today. No birds on cameras for 2 weeks, they all moved to spring hangs.

Offline Buckrub

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 08:24:25 AM »
 I'm in CAROLINE, birds still grouped up, but, raising hell on the roost in the a.m. !!  Pulled a card, yesterday, and in one week had 170 pix, mostly birds and six real nice longbeards hanging with the hens!!!

Online JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 08:41:18 AM »
I try and listen every morning at my house, no gobbling still. I don't hunt here so I only listen for the pure enjoyment of the gobble! Haven't been out looking in area to see if they are around or moved off. Hear roosters every day in area where birds were, so hopefully coyote moved thru and turkeys will return. Thanks for the update. 

Offline Shoreguy

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 09:01:45 PM »
Googling has been hit or miss the past few days. Some days the birds were gobbling good in the roost and some days only herd one bird gobble twice on the roost. Not much gobbling once they hit the ground. They are still grouped up when seeing them in the fields. Seen two groups with 5 strutters each. I don’t know that I have ever seen that many in one group.

Online WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
Eastern shore of Maryland
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 09:31:16 PM »
Guys I am working down around the north point area of Maryland...Is there any place with 30 mins or so to hunt..Or would anyone like to meet up and hunt in a few weeks ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 09:05:59 PM »
Mr. Reaper I don't even know where North Point is?, but I also don't hunt in MD, I run to New Jersey, more birds and just as close to travel distances I would have on eastern shore of MD. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Online WV Ridge Reaper

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2020, 09:20:07 PM »
North point kinda the Dundalk area..I see NJ has shut NR out this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk