turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best cut for purrin’

Started by Poppahunts, February 29, 2020, 02:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poppahunts

Fellas , I know this has most likely been asked a million times but heck I guess I'll be the millionth and 1st....

I've been trying to learn to purr on a mouth call for two years and just not even close on where I want to be .
It maybe a dumb question but is there any cut or combo that is better than others say for mostly just purring ?????

Any help or advice appreciated!!!!
Turkeys For Tomorrow Member
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
Life is hard, twice as hard if your stupid
               - John Wayne

GobbleNut

Wish I could help you out with a definitive answer, but from my experience there is no one call that suits everybody.  Each individual's calling mechanics and experience using mouth calls make a lot of difference.  If I was to make one suggestion as to what might work best in general terms, I would suggest trying a two or three-reed center V-cut call made out of thinner reed material such as .003 or a combination of .003 and proph.  However, whether that will work for you or not is a crapshoot.

randytanner

I've had good luck with two styles: (1) Ghost cut (much like Jesse Martin signature) with .003 on top and .0025/proph on the bottom two, stretched to .100" and (2) Batwing with .003 on top and .0025/proph for bottom two, stretched to .175". 

Poppahunts

Turkeys For Tomorrow Member
Life NRA Member
Psalm 91
Life is hard, twice as hard if your stupid
               - John Wayne