OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

darrin dawkins scratch box

Started by Matt k, February 23, 2020, 08:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt k

Darrin has been working on scratch boxes for a while now and came up with a design that he likes and sounds fantastic. he started by scaling down his box call and then  making adjustments from there. just thought i would share because he was just wanting to gauge the interest in the call, if you have any question or would like to hear it give Darrin a call. thanks

kwild835

I have heard a soundfile of Darrin playing one and it is unbelievable! Man it looks awesome!!

KentuckyHeadhunter

I ran three of his prototypes and they sounded great.  Glad he's playing with new concepts.  Great guy and great calls!!!
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

va longbeard

Darrin let me play one of the prototypes at Unicio this year it was a great sounding call!

Bowguy

packmule

Awesome, what wood is that? From the photo it looks like there are 2 soundboards?

Matt k

The call is one piece chiseled out like a box call with a top glued on for the sound chamber. Poplar and walnut construction with walnut striker.

Gog1015

painterjp

Looks and Sounds Awesome! Darrin's calls are Some of the Best !

Arrowhead

Those were some good sounding scratch boxes.

TauntoHawk

Now I do love scratch boxes and that looks like a fine specimen

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Greg Massey

ATROX

They are nice, the one I played at unicoi sounded awesome

Here turkey turkey turkey

Anyone know where I can find the sound file?

Thanks
To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788

Here turkey turkey turkey

To disarm the people...Is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason, referencing advice given to the British Parliament by Pennsylvania governor Sir William Keith, The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adooption of the Federal Constitution, June 14, 1788