turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fulkerson Hen Box

Started by strum, February 29, 2020, 10:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

I received this beautifully crafted call yesterday and It exceeded my every expectation.
  Goncalo Alves over Old Growth Teak.

Just so yall know I mostly use mouth calls and have never saw or heard this type call in person.
  After just a very short time with it I can get some of the best hen sounds Ive ever played. Super easy to run and I guarantee I can call one in right now with it.  Matt is a pleasure to deal with. Now I know what all this Hen Box is talk about!!!  Loving It

Sir-diealot

Congratulations, they sure have a sound all their own. Did you get the case from him? If so I may have to contact him soon.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

By the way, nice looking call.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

That's a nice looking hen box form Matt.. glad you like it .. I'm sure it's not your last one from him..Yes they just have a different sound ...just more natural tone and sound ..

sbbow

Congrats on a great box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strum

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 29, 2020, 10:59:34 AM
Congratulations, they sure have a sound all their own. Did you get the case from him? If so I may have to contact him soon.

The case did come from Matt.. Its very well made and the call fits snug.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: strum on February 29, 2020, 07:34:42 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 29, 2020, 10:59:34 AM

The case did come from Matt.. Its very well made and the call fits snug.

Thanks, I will contact him.

John Koenig:

Bowhuntr73

I didn't know he offered a case good post!

Greg Massey

That case looks like a Yoder409 ...

strum

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 29, 2020, 11:30:03 PM
That case looks like a Yoder409 ...

I spoke with Yoder409 . Great guy by the way, but he didnt have one to fit this particular call .
Matt had these in stock .
  The case is great but the turky is in the call. I cant get over how well it runs and sounds.  I can sooo may tones out of it .

Nathan_Wiles

That's a cool call and case, I'm in line for one of Matt's calls. Not helping me patiently wait my turn

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

EZ

Matt make a fine call and is one great guy!

strum

Quote from: Nathan_Wiles on March 01, 2020, 01:34:46 PM
That's a cool call and case, I'm in line for one of Matt's calls. Not helping me patiently wait my turn

Nathan he does have  a backlog but its worth the wait. 
I know I sound like a broken record but this is by far the best sounding box I've  ever played.
  I wasnt going for bling . I wanted something durable and I didnt want flashy .
  It blends well in the woods and I can play it softly with very little movement
  Matt listened to what I wanted and he certainly delivered.
Actually he knew better than me what I wanted .

Nathan_Wiles

I'm certain you are correct, gonna be fun calling one up with it.

Rzrbac

That sounds a lot like my experience with Mr. Fulkerson. I have used mouth calls for nearly every gobbler I have killed. I got a hen box from him this summer. I would have no problem going to the woods with just that box. It's like it plays itself and plays itself very well. Once I get my first trumpet kill, that box will be next in line. I mean no disrespect to other box call makers but the one I have a few others of his I have played are the most realistic boxes I've heard. I hope he isn't making any for those hunting SEMO.