OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Spring Kee Kee run  (Read 3601 times)

Offline FLGobstopper

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Spring Kee Kee run
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2020, 05:08:01 PM »
So just wondering has anyone tried it? I know it's great in the fall but how about in the spring. Bubba

Yes and yes!

Offline ChiefBubba

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2020, 06:06:14 PM »
Thanks guy's. Guess I'll have to put in and see how it goes. Bubba

Offline firedup

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2020, 08:04:42 PM »
The Kee Kee is just more turkey communication. Typically, "I am here, where are you", sometimes called a lost call. It is real good sometimes at getting hens and younger birds talking or looking for each other (you). It is a social communication from turkeys behaving normally. Used hunting in the fall after a scatter usually but turkeys use it year round. Bottom line there is nothing in a reasonably decent Kee Kee call to hurt you. Try it.

Offline trkehunr93

• Double Beard
  • BOOM!! FLOP!!
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 06:55:10 PM »
Turkeys make kee kee runs in the spring just like gobblers gobble in the fall.  You just hear one more in the fall and the other more in the spring but it's still part of their vocabulary.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 08:12:08 PM »
The Kee Kee is just more turkey communication. Typically, "I am here, where are you", sometimes called a lost call. It is real good sometimes at getting hens and younger birds talking or looking for each other (you). It is a social communication from turkeys behaving normally. Used hunting in the fall after a scatter usually but turkeys use it year round. Bottom line there is nothing in a reasonably decent Kee Kee call to hurt you. Try it.

Good post! Dr. Lovett said it can be good to add some clucks before and after to give more of that looking for another turkey feel.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »
Been using kee-kees forever in the spring. Everything from calling to hens to starting up Gobblers that wouldn't respond to anything else. Wingbones, trumpets and cane yelpers seem to be particularly effective.