OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoeger 3020

Started by Kygobblergetter, February 28, 2020, 10:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kygobblergetter

Recently found a deal on a stoeger 3020 turkey edition that I couldn't pass up. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this gun shooting apex tss and what the best choke option would be? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holtbensley

Before you go buy a different choke take time and shoot the factory turkey choke with a tss load first my 3020 and a buddies shoot great numbers with some tss handloaded #9
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

Kygobblergetter

Great thanks! I bought from gunbroker so now I'm just waiting on my gun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turkeyfever

I have that gun, model 31871! Great feeling gun! I know you ask about Apex but mine will  shoot Federal TSS #9 great with a Carlson .575 nonported turkey tube. I believe you will really like the gun!

bowhunter2k9

Quote from: Turkeyfever on February 28, 2020, 10:57:26 PM
I have that gun, model 31871! Great feeling gun! I know you ask about Apex but mine will  shoot Federal TSS #9 great with a Carlson .575 nonported turkey tube. I believe you will really like the gun!

Love the carlson .575, have my own hand loads but amazing patterns
Romans 8:38-39

Dmastin

I have been shooting a 3020 for 5 seasons and love it. I have been shooting the Federal 3" 3rd degree 567s. Never shot any straight TSS loads but will eventually. I shoot a Primos Tight Wad, and the stock XFull. Both shoot great.

NightHawk24

I've had my 3020 the last two seasons and it's shot great! Originally shot the Federal HW #7's but bought the TSS #9's when they released and the gun has shot both well. The Carlson .575 shot well but I just purchased the Carlson TSS .555. Hope you like it!