OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ceramic sources?

Started by Weathered-Branch, March 01, 2020, 09:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weathered-Branch

Where do y'all get the ceramic for your pots?

I know Brookside carries it but my standard pots use 3.25 slate, and my chuck won't hold that big of a circle without buying another set of jaws. Is there a way to turn this down to the size I want or is there another supplier I haven't found that offers 3.25 ceramic?
Don't underestimate how smart I can be, but don't underestimate how dumb I can be either...

doublespurs21

grassy creek carries it in 3 inch,,  maybe change your pot size to fit  this size..

Weathered-Branch

I might do that, I've done some that size with slate and they just don't usually sound as good to me but maybe it'll be different with the ceramic. Trying new things may work or they may not, but at least we learn something in the process
Don't underestimate how smart I can be, but don't underestimate how dumb I can be either...

scoot43

hello the other day on e-bay i ran across a guy i think he is under cr or crs calls he had a lot of playing surfaces i did see he has 3'' green slate never seen anyone with that look him up i will double check the and see if i can if i can find him and will look to see if he has ceramic in 3-1/4

scoot43

hello i did look him up he is crgame calls or cross roads game calls but unfortantly he does not carry any ceramic he does have several slate sizes in the green&black he also has 3-1/2" red&purple...sorry about that

Weathered-Branch

That's ok. Thanks for looking. Still worth looking into as an alternate supply source. Haven't been terrible happy with brooksides's slate consistency as late

Daddy rat

Chad Hutcheson  aka stumpy on here has pretty much everything you need for pot call supples