OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Franchi affinity drill and tap?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline turkeyhunter91

Franchi affinity drill and tap?
« on: February 27, 2020, 03:53:50 PM »
I was talking to a gun smith today who told me to drill and tap my franchi affinity he would have to machine some material off of the reciever because it had a grove down the top of the receiver. The groove I am talking about is the groove that goes all the way down the receiver to the rib. I was wondering to the people who have had 1 drilled and tapped if they had there risers machined down or of it will work fine just drilling and tapping it? Thanks

Offline longislandloco

Re: Franchi affinity drill and tap?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 04:53:56 PM »
Nonsense! Find a more competent gunsmith!
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun"…..Old Moe

Offline Elmerfudd

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 05:02:48 PM »
I had zero trouble drilling and tapping mine, and I didnt do that. Maybe he cant center a hole properly? Find another smith.

Offline 03a3

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 06:57:40 PM »
I have a Tristar 20 gauge with that riser also can you tell me what mount you used I can drill and tap myself just need to know what mount.

Offline turkeyhunter91

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 01:11:58 PM »
I have a Tristar 20 gauge with that riser also can you tell me what mount you used I can drill and tap myself just need to know what mount.

i used a sumtoy mount

Offline 03a3

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 06:29:26 PM »
Called sumtoy he told me they don't make or have a scope base for tristar and does not know which one to use I need a flat base along the top of the receiver and don't know what to use.Right I have a clamp on 11 mm mount but it movers after about 3 shots. Any help would  be greatly appreciated.

Offline 03a3

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 09:38:53 PM »
Well I found one TR inports have one that fits in the grove on top of the receiver for 11 mm dove tail but you have to drill and tap for the screws. this so someone else can make it work.

Offline WylieCoyote

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 07:40:06 PM »
Well I found one TR inports have one that fits in the grove on top of the receiver for 11 mm dove tail but you have to drill and tap for the screws. this so someone else can make it work.
I have a tristar and went through the same bull-crap so I'll save you some trouble.

Sun optics has the dovetail to picatinny mount you're looking for. I think the part number is 7015 maybe 7025 can't remember.
   Sumtoy ain't hitting on nothing.
Truglo has an adapter.
Amazon has about 4 or 5 different ones also.
The issue is once you put that on the gun plus your optic with a picatinny mount, your sight sits ridiculously high off the receiver.

Best fix..... Order a EGW base for the Ruger pc9 carbine/marlin 189. It's flat, thin, and available in different footprints to bolt your red dot straight to it. Drill and tap the receiver, screw the base down and mount your sight. It doesn't get any lower profile than this setup without customizing stuff.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Offline Hoot 000

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 09:24:17 PM »
Don't know what model you have but the one I have is already drilled and tapped, the holes have tiny rubber or plastic plugs

Offline WylieCoyote

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 09:25:12 PM »
Don't know what model you have but the one I have is already drilled and tapped, the holes have tiny rubber or plastic plugs
I have the raptor youth 20ga. It unfortunately isn't tapped.

Offline SKFOOTER

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 12:14:10 AM »
Contact Meadow Creek Mounts and get a rib mount.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 09:47:06 AM »
If you want to drill and tap call me and get a mount. (the best way)   If you dont want to drill and tap the only other way is Meadow Creek Mounts.     
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline 03a3

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 07:14:44 PM »
Just recived the mount from TR imports it works on the dove tail of my tristar and is correct only have to drill and tap one hole I am so happy. TR imports have some nice shotguns as I have two of them.

Offline WylieCoyote

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 06:00:27 AM »
Egw