turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Shotgun Scopes Hard to find....

Started by HD28, February 26, 2020, 10:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD28

Have yall noticed that it is becoming hard to find shotgun turkey scopes?

I bought a Simmons 4x32 ProDiamond and love it. Went to get another this year and can't find them.

Seems most brands have discontinued their shotgun scope offering.

Wonder why? Red dot popularity I guess.

model94

Red dots have taken over. With my 56 year old eyes, I need some magnification at 40 yards. Still a market for Them IMO. I just purchased a Bushnell XLT 1.75-4x32 and took off my Red dot bushnell red/green dot 1×28. See if I like.it.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: HD28 on February 26, 2020, 10:11:31 AM

I bought a Simmons 4x32 ProDiamond and love it. Went to get another this year and can't find them.

One of the few specifically for Turkey's that I know of is the Bushnell mentioned already. You can find others on the secondary market if your watching,but usually they are not cheap. I've scored quite a few that way.
One thing about it. If you find a good one they last a long time.

DMTJAGER

Priced a few Nikon Turkey scopes and sorry not worth $375-$400+ TO ME. Put my Leupold VariX-II
2-7x33mm shot gun scopes on two of my guns and Sig Romeo V on two others. Both work fantastic but the Sig is easier to use in heavy cover or on quick moving toms.

howl

That's because it's a bad idea. So, people stopped trying.

Greg Massey

I will take the shotgun scope with diamond plex in it any day over the red dot's ...   The Nikon Turkey pro is the best turkey scope you can buy in my opinion.

dms2511

100% agree.  I stockpiled some of the Nikon Turkey Pro scopes when they started getting stupid in price, and currently have 2 sitting in box on shelf. I'm willing to turn loose of a black one to a fellow OG member for a realistic price if one of you are in need.

Bowguy

Fixed scope in general are going away

Dazzler

Quote from: HD28 on February 26, 2020, 10:11:31 AM

Sent you a PM

badwolf

I found a couple places still had the Simmons 1.5x5 diamond reticle scopes when i googled it yesterday,  about 95 bucks. And cdnn has a camo Bushnell trophy 1.5x4.5 for 69

eman375

Quote from: badwolf on March 03, 2020, 06:35:27 AM
I found a couple places still had the Simmons 1.5x5 diamond reticle scopes when i googled it yesterday,  about 95 bucks. And cdnn has a camo Bushnell trophy 1.5x4.5 for 69
Thanks for the tip!

trkehunr93

Give Konus a try, Midway has them, 1.5x5x32 shotgun scope.  I have a Konus rifle scope on my CVA muzzleloader and it holds its zero very well.  Not much adjusting from season to season to get it zeroed. 

Charlie 51

I've got 2 Simmons on each SX2..been on guns for years..good to know that they no longer make them..especially with Nikon going out of scope sales..

Tom007

Another great shotgun scope is the Nikon BDC reticle. Great crosshairs, 3-9 power. I keep it at 3.5 power. Large field of view. Handles heavy shotgun recoil. 30 mm objective let's in lots of light. Works real good. Picture attached.
"Solo hunter"