OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Lil Jiggy  (Read 7452 times)

Offline BobbyD835

Lil Jiggy
« on: February 25, 2020, 11:16:26 PM »
If you can still buy them. Where can I purchase the LiL Jiggy?

Offline hootgobbleyelpgobble

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: Lil Jiggy
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 07:36:58 AM »
Last I knew, you could get them through Bishop Hunting Supplies in Ga. I don't do facebook but called the number I found for them on Google.

Offline 3seasons

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 08:25:05 AM »
Look up Ricky Joe Bishop on Facebook. Message him,  he’ll hook you up. His new ones are two toned and are sharp.

Offline Shady valley birds

• The drummin is deafening
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 03:11:05 PM »
Send him an email at sales@wildbobble.com I just ordered one myself
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Offline SCGobbler

• Ya can't fix stupid!
Lil Jiggy
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 01:46:57 AM »
I bought one earlier this week.

So far the calls I have made have been really good.

Everyone I have made with it thus far is going in my call pouch.

3 reed cutter was awesome, two reed batwing was jammin’, and a 2 reed Ghost Cut is fantastic.

Sale@wildbobble.com can send you an invoice and you can pay it with PayPal. Ships out of Western Georgia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 11:10:03 PM »
I like the 2 Reed as well on mine I got some proph but that stuff is almost impossible to tack together!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 11:11:17 PM »

3 reed cutter was awesome, two reed batwing was jammin’, and a 2 reed Ghost Cut is fantastic.

Sale@wildbobble.com can send you an invoice and you can pay it with PayPal. Ships out of Western Georgia.

do you use the black scissors that he sent for making your cuts?

Offline SCGobbler

• Ya can't fix stupid!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 08:30:43 AM »
I do,  they aren’t too bad. Would be nice if they were a bit sharper.  I think I found them on Amazon for like $9.99 for 12.

The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 06:57:08 PM »
I have a pair of  fiskars scissors with a  very fine and sharp tip, and they work amazing and don't go dull, but they are a bit pricey.  I can't get the black scissors to cut it consistently

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2020, 02:12:20 AM »

What stretch line do you use? Mostly

Offline mspaci

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2020, 05:33:24 PM »
just made a few w this, came out great, Mike

Offline Swamp

• Dying ain't much of a livin.
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2021, 04:47:40 PM »
I just bought one and haven't had any luck getting one to sound decent. Idk what im.doing wrong I watched his video and still haven't had any luck. Also I really struggle making the cuts any advise is appreciated.

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 02:49:09 AM »
I just bought one and haven't had any luck getting one to sound decent. Idk what im.doing wrong I watched his video and still haven't had any luck. Also I really struggle making the cuts any advise is appreciated.
i did too for a little while. Just keep making em. I make my cut then trim the inside edge at 45° and it gives it a soft feel while keeping that barky rasp. Big tip on cutting reeds is throw those black scissors away and get a good pair! Just keep cranking em out and get different materials try all you can good luck!

Offline deatley33

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 07:22:31 PM »
What marks does everyone use for the lil jiggy on 2 and 3 reed calls?  Or what have you found works good on the different types?  I did a little work on mine today adding a dial indicator to be more consistent it will be great once I get the right stretch on each types of calls. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:43:03 PM by deatley33 »

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2021, 02:41:55 PM »
What marks does everyone use for the lil jiggy on 2 and 3 reed calls?  Or what have you found works good on the different types?  I did a little work on mine today adding a dial indicator to be more consistent it will be great once I get the right stretch on each types of calls. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
i like that setup i put mine at 2 most of the time.  Sometimes i split the gap between the dot and 2 on either side. Thats all fine but my struggle is getting the tape on rite every time! I swear its the bane of my existence!