OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Started by Duke0002, May 09, 2011, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you... And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed" (Genesis 12: 2-3).

It's so difficult to wait for something you've wanted for a long time.  So many doubts and reasons cross your mind for not receiving the fulfillment of your want.

Abraham experienced this.  God promised Abraham that He would make him a great nation and that through him, everyone on earth would be blessed.  Yet, Abraham saw no evidence of God keeping His promise until he was 100 years old!

The Lord then gave Abraham the visible and material evidence that He really was with him when his son Isaac was born.  God had kept His promise, and He kept it on His terms.

The final promised blessing that God fulfilled for the descendants of Abraham (and for the entire world)  was the birth of another Son,  Jesus. 

In Jesus, God has provided the solution for mankind's greatest need -the forgiveness of sins.  In the  resurrected Jesus, the Lord has provided the blessings of new life, fellowship with Himself, peace of mind, and a place in heaven.  He even provides the faith to believe these things and make them our own!

We may have to wait many years for earthly blessings, but the spiritual blessings in Christ are ours this very moment!

-Dale

selinoid44

'Flush Draw' Calls
Charlie Louthain
574-527-9785

mmims

Amen Dale! Thank and God bless you!

Mike

lightsoutcalls

After reading your post, the following song came to mind:

Without Him I could do nothing
Without Him I'd surely fail
Without Him I would be drifting
Like a ship without a sail.

Without Him I would  be dying
Without Him I'd  be inslaved
Without Him  life would be worthless
But with Jesus, thank God I'm saved.

Oh Jesus, oh Jesus
Do you know Him today
Please don't turn Him away
Ooohh, Jesus, My Jesus
Without Him how lost I would be
Without Him how lost I would be

It's got a little age on it, but the words are so true.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

turkey slayer

Roostem33

Thanks Dale, its truly His time line and not ours. I always try and speed things up to try and make it in my time and then He shows me i'm not in control. Thanks for the reminder.

Have a great day,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)