turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Holloran Ebony/Walnut vs Ebony/Black Limba

Started by gdc23, February 24, 2020, 05:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdc23

Anyone have any opinion on what Halloran box they prefer with the Ebony paddle, walnut, or black limba. Any opinions and info is appreciated.

TauntoHawk

Most guys seem to prefer the walnut but from the sound files I've had sent to me I'm partial to the limba

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ol Yelper

I have both and the walnut is better for me. One of my best boxes.

rakkin6

I have the black limba and love it, but everyone likes a different sound.
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

StruttinGobbler3

I've never ran the black limba, so I can't give you a comparison, but I can tell you this. My halloran ebony/walnut lives in my vest all season. You won't go wrong with that combination. If you ask David, he says that is his preferred box to hunt with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

gdc23

Thank you for the replies, I believe I will go with the walnut.

Brwndg

Quote from: gdc23 on February 25, 2020, 12:11:14 PM
Thank you for the replies, I believe I will go with the walnut.

Good call. I have one and it is sweet. I also have his PH/Cedar. Both are awesome
"If turkeys could smell, you'd never kill one" - Bud Trenis my turkey hunting mentor & dear friend

Charlie 51

Got one ebony walnut.. an his cedar Purple Heart. One of these is always with me

bbcoach

I have the Mac Ebony over Walnut and she is a TALKER.  Very easy to play with that heavy Mac lid.  High front end and Great rollover.  Plays Great on both sides.  I can't comment on the Black Limba.