turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex .410 9’s check your wads!

Started by Gobblerslobber, February 23, 2020, 06:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnSouth22

Unsure if this will help anyone but for those questioning the problem with the 410 pattern i was experiencing the same thing when shooting with a bead.  I quickly fixed this problem with a red dot sight(never used one before) and noticed that the pattern with plain bead was slightly to the left(stephens 410 signle shot). After shooting and tweaking the red dot sight I now have a comfortable pattern with 22 pellets in the head at 40 yards. Apex ninja 9.5 shot.  I think when shooting a subgauge you have such little room for error with the limited pellets you have you have to use a red dot to get your pattern truely hitting perfect.  since putting the red dot on 2 birds have been harvested at 23 then 38 yards.

superx2

Quote from: JohnSouth22 on April 12, 2020, 01:22:12 PM
Unsure if this will help anyone but for those questioning the problem with the 410 pattern i was experiencing the same thing when shooting with a bead.  I quickly fixed this problem with a red dot sight(never used one before) and noticed that the pattern with plain bead was slightly to the left(stephens 410 signle shot). After shooting and tweaking the red dot sight I now have a comfortable pattern with 22 pellets in the head at 40 yards. Apex ninja 9.5 shot.  I think when shooting a subgauge you have such little room for error with the limited pellets you have you have to use a red dot to get your pattern truely hitting perfect.  since putting the red dot on 2 birds have been harvested at 23 then 38 yards.

Not sure if you meant to put this here but it dose not pertain to the OP thread

gesthuntn

I haven't noticed this but didn't pick up my wads this year. Maybe that was my problem.