OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Apex .410 9’s check your wads!  (Read 5309 times)

Offline JohnSouth22

Re: Apex .410 9’s check your wads!
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2020, 01:22:12 PM »
Unsure if this will help anyone but for those questioning the problem with the 410 pattern i was experiencing the same thing when shooting with a bead.  I quickly fixed this problem with a red dot sight(never used one before) and noticed that the pattern with plain bead was slightly to the left(stephens 410 signle shot). After shooting and tweaking the red dot sight I now have a comfortable pattern with 22 pellets in the head at 40 yards. Apex ninja 9.5 shot.  I think when shooting a subgauge you have such little room for error with the limited pellets you have you have to use a red dot to get your pattern truely hitting perfect.  since putting the red dot on 2 birds have been harvested at 23 then 38 yards.

Offline superx2

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2020, 02:30:27 PM »
Unsure if this will help anyone but for those questioning the problem with the 410 pattern i was experiencing the same thing when shooting with a bead.  I quickly fixed this problem with a red dot sight(never used one before) and noticed that the pattern with plain bead was slightly to the left(stephens 410 signle shot). After shooting and tweaking the red dot sight I now have a comfortable pattern with 22 pellets in the head at 40 yards. Apex ninja 9.5 shot.  I think when shooting a subgauge you have such little room for error with the limited pellets you have you have to use a red dot to get your pattern truely hitting perfect.  since putting the red dot on 2 birds have been harvested at 23 then 38 yards.

Not sure if you meant to put this here but it dose not pertain to the OP thread

Offline gesthuntn

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 08:54:06 PM »
I haven't noticed this but didn't pick up my wads this year. Maybe that was my problem.