OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Modified Plans  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
Modified Plans
« on: April 07, 2020, 07:21:16 AM »
Any other team members modify their hunting plans this year? Originally I was going to hunt MO, KS, perhaps NE, NY and PA. Scratch MO, KS, NE and PA. Not worth the extra precautions regarding gas stations, convenience stores, no restaurants et al...plus perhaps the hassle of any quarantines or NR travel limitations. What about you?

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Re: Modified Plans
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 03:52:06 AM »
I scratched my trip all together. Maine, new York, new Hampshire, Vermont, Conneticut, Massachusetts and Rhode island. Cant get to any of those states without first driving through new York which I wont be doing as it is the hottest place on the planet right now. I don't imagine anything will change between now and then to change my mind either, but I reckon anything is possible. I haven't modified my plans to go else where because im working a shutdown 6 days a week at the plant I work at, and didn't schedule vacation accordingly to be able to adjust for it. Had I known what was coming I would have done tenn, bama, Georgia, and maybe Missouri...but I didn't. I guess I could drop a vacation bomb on my company...but Im just happy to be employed...why push it. I do see a lot of people are still traveling, some on some long long trips. Kudos to them.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 12:00:30 PM »
Things aren’t too terribly bad as far as quarantine, road checks or nothing like that. Gas stations still serving fast food lol.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
 Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 08:03:11 PM »
Things aren’t too terribly bad as far as quarantine, road checks or nothing like that. Gas stations still serving fast food lol.
I agree, virtually nothing has changed in my neck of the woods except it appear to be more people out and about than before we were locked down....and town is slap full of non residents who are traveling around since they are out of work, or just simply fleeing there state.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."