North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

What are you fellers using this season?

Started by reflexl, February 18, 2020, 08:43:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reflexl

I am planning on taking the 870 28 gauge with TSS

The 1928 Lefever

Probably have the 835 and BPS on standby.

StruttinGobbler3

That's a nice double barrel you have there, great condition considering its age. I'll be hunting with my 12 gauge Beretta A400 Extreme Plus, running an Indian Creek choke with Apex #9 TSS. Puts close to 400 hits in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards. I'm not very sporting, I like to crush a bird when I pull the trigger. Also if my range estimation comes up short it gives me some insurance. I have no doubt this setup is easily a 60 yard killer, although I certainly want them closer than that for a sure kill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

reflexl

timberjack86

Mossberg 835 with old school Winchester #5s. Might use my 20 gauge using the same load. Bought my kids a 410 if it patterns like it's supposed to I might use it.

rstewart8706

Quote from: timberjack86 on February 18, 2020, 12:16:15 PM
Mossberg 835 with old school Winchester #5s. Might use my 20 gauge using the same load. Bought my kids a 410 if it patterns like it's supposed to I might use it.
Were you in Benton Shooters on Saturday with your son and bought that Stevens 301? If so, I was the old, fat guy looking at them too.

I have a Winchester 1300 Turkey will be using Longbeard #6's and also a 1942 Remington Model 31 in sweet 16.

timberjack86

No but I live right down the Rd from there. I looked at there Stevens but found one alittle cheaper online

ThunderChickenHunter21

I'll take my 870. Jebs headhunter on the tip, shooting nitros

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ThunderChickenHunter21

I'll take my 870. Jebs headhunter on the tip, shooting nitros

misfire

Weatherby SA459 20ga, Sumtoy .562-5 and Federal TSS 9s
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

TNTRKYHunter

I will be toting my Remington 870 20g with hand loaded TSS #9's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reflexl

ThunderChickenHunter21

Nice!

reflexl

I am adding one more to the mix. I am taking one of my muzzle-loading shotguns this time as well. It will be stuffed with TSS.

Clwg97

Remington 11-87 supermag with Winchester Longbear XR's in #5. Shoots a solid pattern out of my gun to 40 yards.

reflexl

Love the longbeards out of several of my turkey guns.