OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Scott Witter  (Read 2735 times)

Offline wareagle22

• Fatal Attraxion Custom Calls
Scott Witter
« on: February 16, 2020, 05:32:24 AM »
Does anyone know what wood combo he used to win the short box competition this year?   I got a bloodwood over black limba call from him last summer and if it’s not the best box call I’ve ever ran, it’s in the top 2-3 and I’ve owned at least one from every well known builder.   I got a Dawkins walnut/mahogany at the same time and the Witter is every bit as good and probably better.   He was great to deal with and sent me several different sound files to chose from.   If you want a great box at a good price, he’s your man. 

Offline packmule

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Scott Witter
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 11:11:18 AM »
This is good info.

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 12:12:41 PM »
I believe it had a snakewood lid, not sure of the box though.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline culpeper

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 07:57:22 AM »
Hey guys...it's me Scott
I did win with Snakewood over Spalted Red Maple.  This was the very 1st Snakewood call I built.  I have been wanting to try Snakewood, but it's my nature not to go with trends and typically I stick with what has been working for me, like Bloodwood over Black Limba.  When built, however, the resulting sound quite surprised me and so I decided to go ahead with it.  Truth and as far as I am concerned the Bloodwood/Black Limba call that took 3rd was a better call, but that's why it's a competition.

Wareagle22, I do appreciate your comments greatly...never hurts to hear and confirm that my approach works far beyond competitions and under the true test: customers and turkeys.

Offline va longbeard

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
Hey guys...it's me Scott
I did win with Snakewood over Spalted Red Maple.  This was the very 1st Snakewood call I built.  I have been wanting to try Snakewood, but it's my nature not to go with trends and typically I stick with what has been working for me, like Bloodwood over Black Limba.  When built, however, the resulting sound quite surprised me and so I decided to go ahead with it.  Truth and as far as I am concerned the Bloodwood/Black Limba call that took 3rd was a better call, but that's why it's a competition.

Wareagle22, I do appreciate your comments greatly...never hurts to hear and confirm that my approach works far beyond competitions and under the true test: customers and turkeys.

Congratulations Scott you make one heck of a box!

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 01:07:09 PM »
Hey guys...it's me Scott

Congratulations Scott you make one heck of a box!

X2....and Scott's a really good guy!!! Congrats brother.

Offline culpeper

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 01:42:28 PM »
Thanks Tony, let's not forget our discussion at Turkey Trot a couple years ago, we have both been busy, but we need to make that happen. :icon_thumright:

Offline MikeStaten

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2020, 03:08:19 PM »
as far as I am concerned the Bloodwood/Black Limba call that took 3rd was a better call

We were playing these calls down at Nashville and another very well known call maker said the same about the bloodwood / limba.

I've played several of his calls at Nashville over the years, including this year, and every one sounded amazing.  The other thing that really stands out about his calls is that they seem to be really easy to run well.

Offline wareagle22

• Fatal Attraxion Custom Calls
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 06:36:46 PM »
Hey guys...it's me Scott

No problem brother.   I like to give credit where it is due.   You were definitely one of the easiest call makers to deal with.   I hope you have a lot of spare time because I see you becoming very busy building calls now.   I’m sure glad I got mine when I did and can’t wait to hit the woods with it next month.   Congrats on a well deserved showing!!

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2020, 09:33:01 PM »
Congratulations Scott ... on your awards

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2020, 11:12:48 PM »
Congratulations Scott
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2020, 07:27:52 AM »
Thanks Tony, let's not forget our discussion at Turkey Trot a couple years ago, we have both been busy, but we need to make that happen. :icon_thumright:

I'm putting it down on my list RIGHT NOW, lol!!!!! It will happen Brother!!

Offline silverspur

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2020, 07:59:08 AM »
Scott makes a mighty fine turkey call and I never ran a bad one!  Congrats Scott! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

Offline gdc23

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2020, 05:15:26 PM »
Definately a guy I would like to get a call from

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 06:45:27 PM »
I had a nice conversation with him once here in PMs and intended to find him at turkey trot this past year but a family issue arose and I was unable to attend on the 2 tickets I had.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>