OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington V3 field sport

Started by BINK McCARTY, May 07, 2019, 02:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BINK McCARTY

Anyone hunting with the V3 model ? How's the results?

CrustyRusty

I have the turkey pro model and using the choke that came with it, my buddy has the 26" barreled model with a Carlson's dead coyote choke(he is a big coyote hunter) and I have been very impressed with both.  Mine is putting around 240 with#6  3" Longbeards and his is doing about 220.  Both nice even patterns.  The guns are very light and felt recoil is much better than most other semi 12's I've  owned.  I am very happy with mine.  I actually gave my son in law my sbe2 which was my dedicated rig, now the turkey pro is.

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: CrustyRusty on May 21, 2019, 09:51:10 PM
I have the turkey pro model and using the choke that came with it, my buddy has the 26" barreled model with a Carlson's dead coyote choke(he is a big coyote hunter) and I have been very impressed with both.  Mine is putting around 240 with#6  3" Longbeards and his is doing about 220.  Both nice even patterns.  The guns are very light and felt recoil is much better than most other semi 12's I've  owned.  I am very happy with mine.  I actually gave my son in law my sbe2 which was my dedicated rig, now the turkey pro is.
You're using the Truglo headbanger choke?

CrustyRusty

Yes and don't see a reason to change. The pattern is excellent, even and consistent and produces enough numbers for me.